Page 195 of 243 FirstFirst ... 181191193194195196197199209 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

It's torture, basically.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. I had a NY resolution to read 10 books this year, which is probably double what I've read the prior 3 years. Well I did it and now I don't know what to read. I just finished this and it was the best by far. Brilliant book.

3. You're an Ebert guy, right? His recently published memoir is excellent if that wasn't among your ten.

4. What does he have to say except he reviews movies?

5. He's been a bit more than a movie reviewer for a long time, and he's just a great writer. Hmm. It's a good suggestion, I'll check out the sample.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 22 Apr 2012 at 11:48 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I also finished A Storm of Swords, which was absolutely brilliant. The Red Wedding was pretty mind blowing, did not expect that. I'm about 100 pages into a Feast for Crows now, hate to say it but already it's looking to not be as good as Storm. Hopefully it'll still be enjoyable though.
    Don't get your hopes up. I am 550 pages into Dance and it still sucks, just not as much as Feast.

7. What else had he done?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    What does he have to say except he reviews movies?
    Plenty. Spirituality, marriage, struggles with alcoholism, losing speech to cancer. I actually enjoyed reading about his childhood the most. Had he worked in a steel mill instead of becoming a film critic, it still would have been a fun read. He's charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    What else had he done?
    Great Movies essays, which are what got me hooked, and his blog. It's the only non-news, non-TNL sliver of the internet I still make a point to check regularly.

9. He did a movie too back in the 60's or something.

10. I still don't care what he has to say. I guess it's because I put movie critics on the same level as video game "journalists."