Page 197 of 243 FirstFirst ... 183193195196197198199201211 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. I'm 300 pages into Feast for Crows. After the thrill ride that was Storm of Swords, this almost feels painfully slow. I know it's just me but the chapters feel twice as long, with half as much happening in them.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. What a fresh perspective.

No need to be crude

The Harry Potter books will not only be on Amazon for Kindle soon, they'll be free to borrow for Prime members. I'm glad that bitch rescinded her bullshit physical books stance.

Free? Fuckyea.jpg I'll read them for free.

6. I finished the third Malazan book. Best one yet I think. The Jaghut child they rescued from the Welt at the end was kawaii. How she walked out timidly with her hands folder in her lap. Surprised the Seer was given mercy despite being only a pawn. That Matron torture stuff was pretty horrifying.

Speaking of which, I'm kind of annoyed how nobody ever seems to actually die in these books. Everybody is either immediately reincarnated, rescued at the moment of death by some capricious God, put to sleep for eternity so they can run around youthful in dreamland, etc. Maybe that's an intentional theme of the world or something, but it kind of takes the drama out of "death." And I don't care if you give Toc a brand new body, how are you going to mend his mind after that ordeal? Pretty sure he remembers most everything. He'd be more than a little crazy.

Still, I quite like the series, weird as it is, and am looking forward to House of Chains. I have all of them now, ready to go. Will usually read two or three other things in between installments, though. Now, for DT 4.5...

7. There are some VERY significant deaths in the series, so don't worry.

8. Enjoy the start to House of Chains.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. The Tale of Two Titties.

I can not get through the 2nd Dark Tower book. Every time I start reading I start thinking about something else, then realize I've read a chapter without having any idea what happened.

I think I'm gonna take a break, and start up again later.