Page 207 of 243 FirstFirst ... 193203205206207208209211221 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. I'm at the very end of IT now. I'm finding it REALLY difficult to get through the part with the awkward, child sex. This is the worst thing ever. How did this book get so much praise with this bizarre scene in it?

The rest of the end so far is better than the whole rest of the book from how I see it, though. It's very Lovecraftian. That sense of Eldritch terror of something so vast and powerful that the very sight of it may drive you insane is something I find both more terrifying and fascinating than monster or ghost story. I just wish it got to themes like this a bit sooner.

2. ...and done. I liked that ending. Very sappy and sentimental. Not what you'd expect from the book so many people I know are still as afraid to read as I was when I started it. I'm just sad that They all can't get together and have a reunion or something. Imagine realizing you're forgetting people that you were so close to. THAT is probably the scariest part of the story.

If this book had been edited to move a bit more quickly in everything but the last third, I'm pretty sure I would've put this on a list of my favorite books. Oh, well.

3. THE TURTLE

It is amazing. The kids having sex to extend their magic bond for a few more hours is like a tiny, tiny part. What is it, two paragraphs out of an 11 billion page book? You're the second person I've heard complain about it and I never saw it as a thing that mattered.

I don't think people realize how easy it is to go from horror to goofy shit. Just a couple of wrong words and it's shit. It manages to ride that line all the way through even though it uses some ridiculous ass shit. Where else would a giant bird being held aloft by balloons be anything but comical?
    Last edited by Mzo; 10 Feb 2013 at 02:24 AM.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Do lots of coke and write about kiddie sex. Become millionaire.

Books get away with a LOT of shit. The people that bitch and moan about that stuff or the kids they're constantly protecting are too stupid to read.
    My Backloggery

It's the best.

Song of Fire and Ice is the rapingest story around.
    My Backloggery

9. Seriously, are you still defending IT? It was like 1100 pages of awesome undone by the shittiest ending ever.

I didn't see anything wrong with the ending D=
    My Backloggery