Page 223 of 243 FirstFirst ... 209219221222223224225227237 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. I was just looking for that on Audible. Those crackers didn't have it.

2. It is a really great read so far, and it will bum you out like it ought to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Just finished Freeway Rick Ross's autobiography. It's not very polished but it's a pretty interesting story of a fairly unique figure in urban crime. Rick Ross has a laid-back, relatable persona that is the antithesis of the cut-throat, greedy Scarface archetype embodied by so many real-life gangsters. In fact, to call Ross a gangster at all is a bit of a stretch; he's all business, a guy who discouraged fighting and beefing, who avoided flash and (for the most part) excess, and who, in a different world, probably could have been a successful CEO.

Also read The Door Into Summer by Robert Heinlein. Dated, but a fun read. The cat makes it.

Now I'm a couple chapters into Ready Player One.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Starting to read Red Harvest by Dashiell Hammett, allegedly the basis for Kurosawa's Yojimbo, which of course turned around to make Fistful of Dollars.
    Also the basis for Miller's Crossing along with The Glass Key, IIRC.

5. Way of Kings.

I liked Syl and Shallan. The rest I was kind of neutral on. Held my attention for ~1200 pages and I'll read the sequel, but was hoping to love more characters.

Started Lies...

6. The ending of 1984 made me very sad. Thats all.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

It should.

8. That's the point.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. The Strange Library

Murakami is not a great writer, but he has written some great books. This is not one of them

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It should.
    I wasn't expecting a bullshit Disney ending but what ended up happening was terrible. It was worse than the protags being killed.

It's left me so morose I'm not even sure which book to read now. Brave New World didn't end half so badly.
    Last edited by Bojack; 21 Dec 2014 at 08:50 PM.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html