Page 228 of 243 FirstFirst ... 214224226227228229230232242 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. Yeah, there's no supplemental reading. It's self-contained in all the good ways. Part of its genius is in the way the narrator speaks to you like a contemporary--like someone living all answers to the questions you want to ask. That tension between the presumptuousness of the narrative/ator and the frustrated curiosity of the reader lends to the mood.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 25 Aug 2015 at 12:45 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Yeah, there's no supplemental reading. It's self-contained in all the good ways. Part of its genius is in the way the narrator speaks to you like a contemporary--like someone living all answers to the questions you want to ask. That tension between the presumptuousness of the narrative/ator and the frustrated curiosity of the reader lends to the mood.
    I'm noticing this as I continue. Her teasing of the young guardian hoping she makes him hard, or the pregnant handmaiden showing off.

3. Wow, for being 29 years old this book is pretty on the nose.
    Islamic Fanatics, suspending the constitution. Huh.

4. Violence against doctors who have performed abortions, crusade on birth control and sex for pleasure, shaming women's bodies, police aggression, giant walls...

That line about being thankful for going from "freedom to" to "freedom from" knocked the wind out of me.

5. Yeah, it's wildly on point.

This book sounds rad.

7. That's it?! Argh.

8. That last chapter, eh?

Book comes to a complete stop. The reader flies over the handle and out of the cart. Passes out.

The reader wakes up in a classroom. Livid. What's going on? What's her fate? Why are these people here discussing this from the future like it's nothing? This sucks! They don't feel anyth...

あ!

Book is suggested to all of the reader's friends.

Funny enough I'm cleaning out my shit and found two hardcover Atwood novels that are neither Handmaiden's Tale =[
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Read Armada, ready for more jams. Might try Down and Out In The Magic Kingdom, or The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow since they have to do with fucked up Disney Worlds.