Or

House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    How about Blood meridian?

Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk

Or

House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski
    Yes on BM, and Survivor is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking to read this summer, thanks!

Re: House of Leaves, did you ever have that friend growing up who ruined things for you by being way too into them?

3. I have read 'a classic' and it was good. Treasure Island. Fucking sweet.

4. And now HP Lovecraft. Jesus Christ. I'd read what I estimate to be about two thirds of his available works a few years ago and now this giant Necronomicon book has showed up over here so I figured I'd give him another go. I totally get that he is the Black Sabbath or Ramones (if you're punky) of horror fiction and I certainly respect his position in his time and what his legacy has meant for a guy like me that digs horror 'n stuff. But still. I swear this dude is the most needlessly verbose, yet dryest motherfucker to ever write fiction. At points I just have to look away and say, "I get it, you're super into the dictionary". I hope he got an A in English or something. He can take a ten page story and make it 30 for no reason I can detect. His badass contemporary Robert E Howard can give you thrice the story in half the words. Which I think is neat. Why use more words than necessary? Especially when you arrive at the shit you just can't know. Nobody can know it. What I mean is in just about every story he ever wrote he's going to hit you with this one: "...a nameless, shapeless abomination which no mind could fully grasp and no pen even partly describe.". Or something just like it. What happened to all your giant, antiquated and/or made up words there HP? I would suggest he give it a try if he hadn't already padded the word count to a near stifling degree. I could go on about what I don't like of course but I'd rather shift gears and say that this book has Charles Dexter Ward in it and I'm looking forward to that one greatly because it's bad as fuck. Certainly the best of his that I've already read.