Page 4 of 243 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex
    Right now, im going through nightmares and dreamscapes: a Lovecraft collection of his dream cycle wrightings, currently i am re-reading the strange case of charles dexter ward. Dream quest in unknown kadath is next for the re-read
    I dig Lovecraft! Wasn't Nightmares & Dreamscapes also a Stephen King short story collection?

I'm reading Worlds Vast and Various, a short story collection by Gregory Benford.

After that, it'll be The Difference Engine by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling, followed by the first book in Neal Stephenson's new trilogy, called Quicksilver.

I also recently found out that Dan Simmons (who did the Hyperion series) has a new book out callied Ilium which deals with a 20th-century scholar observing the Trojan War, Greek gods, and interstellar sentient machines who find something odd on Jupiter or something.....supposedly everything will tie together in the second book, Olympos which should be out next year. Must-reads.

Like usual, way too much good stuff.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. US Army Survival Manual- interesting read though moot for my whitebread existence.

Hieronymus Bosch- By Walter Gibson, a decent text on the paint not wholly dependent on paintings. Note to game companies out there. Want to whip up a new horror game? Use this guy as a guide, probably the creepiest works in history.

Abnormal Human Psychology- College text I found at a garage sale. Good news, turns out I'm insane.

I'd like to check out the Dune books as well, picked up a hardcover of the first one a few weeks ago and hasven't gotten to it yet. *-neo

3. I started reading "Choke" by Chuck Palahniuk two days ago. I'm half way through and so far it's much much better than Invisible Monsters (which I didn't care for much at all) but not as good as Fight Club (which is expected).

After I finish this I'll probably read Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. I loved The Sirens of Titan, Slaughterhouse-Five, and Breakfast of Champions so I'm looking forward to reading it.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

4. Just finished Choke by Chuck Palaniuk (it was okay) and a manga called Cannon God Exaxxion Vol. 2 (it's great). Currently alternating between Stiff by Mary Roach, Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis, and The Boy Who Couldn't Stop Washing: The Experience and Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder by Judith L. Rapoport. This last book is awesome, some of the cases they document are really crazy.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Whats Manga ?

p.s. Glamorama is trippy and scary ... all the sex ...

whoosh !

yum yum yum ...
    Delicioso

6. Quote Originally Posted by Violently Happy
    Whats Manga ?
    If you're serious, manga is what Japanese comic books are called.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (had attempted earlier, but switched to Mere Christianity)
    Slander by Ann Coulter
    Cliffs Quick Review of American Government
    Cliffs Quick Review of Writing: Grammar, Usage, and Style
    Romans
    bastard of the new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by icepop
    I just finished reading a bunch of Junji Ito manga...
    I'm so proud of you.

9. Tycho and Brahe, i forgot the author. =X
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    If you're serious, manga is what Japanese comic books are called.

Yes I was serious.

and thank you .

yum yum yum ...
    Delicioso