Page 5 of 243 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading?

Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    yeah, I go days wiht out reading any, then I read like severial books in one day. I only have like 40 to 50 more pages and ill be done with the NT.
    I don't read the Bible much, but once in a while I'll take it out and read some of Revelation. I love Revelation, and since it's the last 40 or 50 pages, you've got some good shit ahead of ya.

2. Finally, finally getting around to Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Delicious.
    Good man. Aside from Gunslinger I read those as they were released so I've rather forgotten everything since. I need to go back through so I'm not totally lost for the last two.
    I'm reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.
    I've got a friend who swears by that and keeps trying to make me read it. If only I had the time.

As for me: Nothing, unless you count monthly Shounen Jump. Jobs + redoing the house and essentially moving + commision artwork = no free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    I don't read the Bible much, but once in a while I'll take it out and read some of Revelation. I love Revelation, and since it's the last 40 or 50 pages, you've got some good shit ahead of ya.
    Yeah. I'll probably be skipping it though. Considering I've already read it 3 or 4 times now.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    I'm reading, slowy, The Templars by... somebody whose name I forget. I'm being a bum and reading, a chapter at a time, at bookstores. I want to read the DaVinnci Code, which I might well buy.
    Hey, Tracer, I don't know how you feel about historical/archaeology/religion as a genre, but The Sign And The Seal is a great, great book by Graham Hancock. It's his search for the Ark of the Covenant as he researches it's "movement" through history. But don't be put off by the "religion" thing as the book only covers the significance of the Ark in religion historically and doesn't dote on any religious dogma at all. One thing it does do is go into a lot of detail about the Knights Templar, which was fascinating reading. It covers a lot more than just that, though, and I found it a quick read because it was so engaging and damned interesting!

And, oh yeah, you should take my advice because I took yours and read some more Sagan, which was good reading.

--Scourge .

5. I read the entire Preacher Series.

I reccomend it highly, very good.

Also, the Batman Hush Run.

Both of which, cheap fucker that I am I read via CBR after BT links.

6. I am reading a small book on Citizen Kane and just starting a book about Bob Dylan I just got from the library.

7. To all Chuck readers: please, please real Survivor. your life will never be the same. I see so many people taking about reading every one of his novel except for his best.

my order of Chuck:

6. Choke
    5. Lullaby
    4. Fight Club
    3. Diary
    2. Invisible Monsters
    1. Survivor

...and add a little Chuck love to your desktop, by downloading one of my novel theme wallpapers, from the Official Chuck site here

8. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone

my order of Chuck:

6. Choke
    5. Lullaby
    4. Fight Club
    3. Diary
    2. Invisible Monsters
    1. Survivor
    Wow, I can't say I've read all of his books but out of the htree I've read I'd put tham like this:

Way dead last: Invisible Monsters (I found this to be either really exsiting or really really boring depending on where in the book you were)

Then, Choke. I'm actually not finished but I'm well more than halfway through and so far it's 10 times better then Invisible Monsters

And his best is still Fight Club.

But, then, to each his own.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

9. I'm reading One Hundred Years Of Solitude be Marquez (Nobel Prize winner), it's the shit. Unfortuantely my classes are hard as hell this semester so the reading is going sloooooooooooooow.

As for Palinuck of the three I've read it goes Survivor > Fight Club > Choke.
    I knew he was a commie, cause he didn't drink [duff] beer.

10. Survivor was AMAZING.
    It was one of those books where i couldn't even think straight a week after reading it. It still haunts me....
    I love Chuck, he really does some great stuff. I almost wish he would collaborate on something with Bret Easton Ellis, because to me, their books bring on the same sorts of types and feelings and such. Sort of the declination of culture, and how it effects the least likely of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread