Page 7 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden
    On the Road.
    My girlfriend is reading that right now. She's been on the last 40 pages for about a month now, though. :/

Right now I'm reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It's good, but it's got nothing on the visual flare of the movie.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

2. Just finished:
    The Odyssey by Homer
    Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami

Starting:
    Moby Dick by Herman Melville
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. Starting:
    Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
    Time for a change

4. I'm reading Catcher in the Rye right now.

I really want to check out the Zombie Survival Guide...

5. I just finished The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. Has anyone else read it here?

6. Finally got "Lucky Wander Boy" for Christmas, almost done.

Once I'm done with that I need to go back and finish "The Fuck Up", which I started 2 years ago and forgot about.

Waiting for the March Playboy with Chuck Palaniuk's Acclaimed short story "Guts".

7. Underworld, by Graham Hancock.

It's a book on underwater archaelogy, looking for lost civilizations dating back to the end of the last ice age when water levels were lower and thus more land was exposed. Good stuff.

8. I'm about to finish up William Gibson's Pattern Recognition. I might like it even more than Neuromancer...

9. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. I implore everyone to read it. It's about the lives of four ordinary people in 1970s India. The shit they go through, and the fact that this is all based on a real event ('The Emergency'), makes this a heart-wrenching but ultimately important read.

Please read it.

It's 800 pages and I've read it twice.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    I'm about to finish up William Gibson's Pattern Recognition. I might like it even more than Neuromancer...
    Me too, on both counts. It's an excellent, excellent work.