Page 193 of 243 FirstFirst ... 179189191192193194195197207 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

Hahahaha, the second book is even better!

The evil President in charge of Everything, talking to a 16 year old girl:

"Katniss, I know about the kiss."

Dun dun dunnnn

Pfffffft hahahaha
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Maybe he did know about it.

3. The wise man's fear by Patrick Rothfuss on Audible

Dark Tower 3 by King, Stephen

Sword of Shanarra Trilogy by Terru Brooks
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

4. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    The wise man's fear by Patrick Rothfuss on Audible
    So, what do you think of the series so far?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

5. Just finished A Dance With Dragons. Four books and four thousand pages later and things finally started to get really good in book five.

Now I'm working on If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B Movie Actor.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

6. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    The wise man's fear by Patrick Rothfuss on Audible
    So, what do you think of the series so far?
    Book 1 was the best thing I've read in 10 years. I'm liking Book 2 but audiobooks are new for me and I feel like I'm missing something. Like it doesn't feel as "alive" as if I were reading the book myself; theater of the mind and all that.

If I weren't on my phone I could go on and on about the awesomeness of Book 1.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

7. "Happy Endings: The Tales of a Meaty-Breasted Zilch" and "I Hate Your Guts" by James J. Norton, Jr.. I think he might be my favorite living comic. Either that, or I'm just on a kick that will eventually subside. (see: Collins, Phil)
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

8. Vince Flynn- "Kill Shot"
    This picks up where American Assassin left off. Counter-terrorist agent Mitch Rapp is on the trail of those responsible for the Lockerbie disaster and literally brings terror to the terrorists. His next target seems a little too easy: take out a Libyan oil minister at night. Right after this guy is done in, the shit hits the fan. It's clear that this was a trap set to turn the hunter into the hunted. Next, the ensuing shootout leaves the Paris hotel littered with corpses and the CIA denies responsibility in the incident while trying to maintain Rapp's cover by any means.

I've just started with this one and it's looking good so far. With American Assassin being made into a movie, maybe KS can't be too far behind it. Hopefully they'll go for an R rather than a PG-13.

I finally finished The Dark Tower series last week. I actually liked the ending and though Book 7 was waaay better than 5 and 6.

Started "Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said" last week. About 40 pages remaining-- I'm loving this.

10. The Hunger Games.

For a young teen book, there sure is a lot of nudity. I wonder how the films handle this.