Page 15 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    I'm about 700 pages into The Stand (Unabriged Version).

Probably hit the book store and pick up 2 or 3 new books to read post that.
    This is my all time favorite book! Check out the TV mini series if you can, it stays pretty true to the story. I am now reading Wolves of Calla the newest book in the Dark Tower series.

2. I picked up Wicked about a month ago and still haven't even opened it. I feel kinda bad about that, maybe I'll start tomorrow.

3. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl20
    This is my all time favorite book! Check out the TV mini series if you can, it stays pretty true to the story. I am now reading Wolves of Calla the newest book in the Dark Tower series.
    I've seen parts of it, maybe the first half (Gets shown on SCI-FI Channel periodically), but will wait until the books done to look for it. I know Blockbuster doesn't have it.

You'll have to tell me what is in this that was not in the original version when I'm done with it (Shouldn't be too long, lights just came on in Denver for 30 seconds). Figure it will be done by the weekend.

4. I'm currently reading through Brian Jacque's "Redwall" series of novels. They are surprisingly good, since I didn't expect books about cute little woodland creatures to be full of war and death.

They also inspired my current avatar. That badger rules.

5. I'm reading prozac nation. I thought the book was going to be cool but it turns out its just a "modern version" of the bell jar, which is 100x's better. Any books I should read ? I want to get to reading like 2 books a month but have no idea what kinda stuff to read. So if some of you could help me out it would be awesome.

yum yum yum ...
    Delicioso

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I'm currently reading through Brian Jacque's "Redwall" series of novels. They are surprisingly good, since I didn't expect books about cute little woodland creatures to be full of war and death.

They also inspired my current avatar. That badger rules.
    Oh hell yes! I haven't read that series since elementary or early middle school, but I remember them being great books. I wish I had the time to read all of them again.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    You'll have to tell me what is in this that was not in the original version when I'm done with it (Shouldn't be too long, lights just came on in Denver for 30 seconds). Figure it will be done by the weekend.
    Anything in it with that crazy guy that sodomizes people with a gun. He was completely cut out of the original print of the Stand.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Voice of the Fire by Alan Moore. Check it out if you have some interest in macabre fiction.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Sqoon
    If you're willing to give him another chance
    Probably not. Probably I'd stomp on Eco's toe if given the opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Anything in it with that crazy guy that sodomizes people with a gun. He was completely cut out of the original print of the Stand.
    Don't tell me, I tell you!

The Stand is an incredible book. But looking back, I couldn't really pinpoint any one reason that it needed to be that long. Amazing how King can take something like a kill-most-everything epidemic and still find the time to kill off so many people individually. But whatever -- the Traschcan Man redeems the whole thing in my eyes.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Ahh, The Kid.

Yeah, he was a freaky one.