Page 237 of 243 FirstFirst ... 223233235236237238239241 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    If it's gone out to beta readers how long of a wait does that usually me for the general public?
    The Oathbringer beta read invitations have gone out. If I previously told you that you could be in the beta read and you didn't get an invitation, please contact Peter Ahlstrom.
    For everyone else—the beta read will improve the book, so you'll have the best reading experience if you wait for the final version anyway! But there are already some draft preview chapters floating around out there, and more finalized preview chapters will be released in the couple months leading up to release. I'm very happy with this book, and I think you're going to love it
    soonish? This guy pumps out so much good stuff, I don't really feel like I'm waiting. He's no GRRM or Rothfuss.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I started to reread WoT, got to about book 4 or 5 and lost interest and went back to Malazan for 3rd time. I am almost done with Toll the Hound, so the end is near.
    Nice. I have all the Subterranean Press versions up to Reaper's Gale... So I'm waiting on Toll the Hounds. Man, Toll the Hounds... good luck. I think I might just skip to the last 200 pages of that one.

Did you check out Dancer's Lament?

3. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    I've read Elantris, all of Mistborn, and the Stormlight stuff... and I missing anything major in the Cosmere?

Let me know how Arcanum Unbound is. I'm reading through my two TNL Holiday Gift books and have that waiting right after.
    Warbreaker, which was also really good, and one of its characters is in the stormlight books. Plus a couple of short stories (most of which are collected in Arcanum, just 2 I think aren't). Oh there's also Whitesand(s) the graphic Novel.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. cool, thanks. I'll pick those up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Nice. I have all the Subterranean Press versions up to Reaper's Gale... So I'm waiting on Toll the Hounds. Man, Toll the Hounds... good luck. I think I might just skip to the last 200 pages of that one.

Did you check out Dancer's Lament?
    I haven't checked out DL, but I generally dislike Esslemont's writing.

Wow, congrats on those Sub Press books, they are worth a mint. I wish I had ordered some, but too late now.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I haven't checked out DL, but I generally dislike Esslemont's writing.
    Maybe I feel the same way, but I enjoyed Dancer's Lament way more than Fall of Light. It's a pretty fast read with some content you might be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post

Wow, congrats on those Sub Press books, they are worth a mint. I wish I had ordered some, but too late now.
    I wish I went in for the lettered versions when I had the chance. I just didn't want to pay $350 for each one, but they really look good. Oh well.

7. Wow I totally forgot about this thread! Now I want to check out everything mentioned on this last page, so that should hold me over until 2019.

Been reading It's Your Ship for a management class at work. I didn't think I'd give a shit about any of it and expected a long, slow and boring read. Pleasantly surprised though, as the book is fairly interesting and more about the stories surrounding this guy's ideas than him telling you how to run your business. Also I'm really glad my boss read it and took it to heart, because the style of management this Navy Captain talks about is LEAGUES better than any other style I've encountered, and has helped him make our company a really good one to work for.

And I'm about to start Night School, the latest Jack Reacher novel from Lee Child. Still my favorite author/series/character of anything I've ever read.

8. I'm a big fan of the book, and if I were to read the book to make sure I will love it

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    If it's gone out to beta readers how long of a wait does that usually me for the general public?
    Looks like they are shooting for November 2017.

Stormlight Three Update #6/

10. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Stormlight Archive 3 has been sent out to beta readers! Can't wait.

I'm actually considering reading through Wheel of Time to see what he did with the end. Yikes... I think I got to book 5 or 6 the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Stormlight Archive 3 has been sent out to beta readers! Can't wait.
    sent out to beta readers
    beta readers
    beta readers
    fuck this earth