Page 242 of 243 FirstFirst ... 228238240241242243 LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    The Dark Tower I-IV

Is that the part where he said "dust" like 30 times? I had to read that book in high school, but i threw it in the trash to see what the teacher would do. I still haven't read past that first chapter.
    Yeah. Up to 7, every odd chapter is about the land. If characters exist, they aren’t given names and the dialogue is without quotations signifying thier individuality is irrelevant. It’s a well written book about people I don’t care about. You should go back and read it. It’s mean as all fuck.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Book sounds dope. I haven't read it since high school when I didn't read it.

3. I can’t fully say what the ending message will be. But this followed Of Mice & Men and the moods in the two are polar opposites.

I was told to read Zen and Motorcyle Repair. I may read American Psycho next. What was the last book that captured the time as perfectly as this one or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or on the Campaign Trail?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei

5. A friend of mine pointed out that people fall down a whole lot in Stephen King books and I can't unsee it.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

6. I read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas recently. I haven't really read any Burroughs, only about 60% of "Naked Lunch" while I was in college. I had a fairly visceral reaction to reading that; previously I didn't expect a book could produce that kind of reaction. "Fear and Loathing" was actually pretty funny, I enjoyed myself. This Burroughs guy may have a future in writing. I'll re-read Naked Lunch soon.

Also finally got around to reading Michael Herr's book on Kubrick. The last two paragraphs here are my favorite part:

Click for full size
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Wait what? Fear and Loathing is Thompson, not Burroughs.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Haha, yep. I'm still going to read Naked Lunch again.

9. Fire and Blood by George R.R. Martin. I have only watched season 1 of Game of Thrones and have never read the book version. Am currently on chapter 1 and so far, it's good.

10. I'm about 100 pages into Fire and Blood. It's about everything you would expect from reading a fantasy-based history book. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

You should stop reading it and read the first three books for The Song of Ice and Fire instead.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.