Page 217 of 243 FirstFirst ... 203213215216217218219221231 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. The original is pretty rad - I can see the pacing being a turn off to some readers because it vacillates up and down constantly. I wish I could read Ukrainian because there are so many subtleties I'm sure are lost via the conversion to English, and even though you figure out what's going on fairly quickly there are still all kinds of little things dropped along the way that make the conclusion so surprising despite you knowing what the "funny business" was all along.

2. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410991535251.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	75103

3. Okay, that was actually pretty awesome. My favorite part was when he was talking about getting arrested by "The Hip Hop Task Force, which was established in 2003." He starts the story saying "I got in my car and drove a couple blocks." Two paragraphs later, he says "How did I get a speeding charge when I wasn't even driving? My man Muhammed (RIP) was."

Also, if you were ever curious about the smells and fluids surrounding Ja Rule when he lost his virginity to a fat chick on a cardboard box in a stairwell when he was 11 while his cousin was banging another girl on another box mere feet away, have I got a book recommendation for you!

4. American Gods, was fantastic. Great characters, and an interesting point of view, take on the whole Gods thing. I also read Ex-Heroes which is super short, it's like a super hero zombie book. It was alright, there's blatant anagrams to characters like Iron Man, Batman, and some other super powers show up. If you're looking for something to read in a day or two this would definitely fit the bill.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Dave Eggers, the Circle. I had heard his name from some McSweeney's stuff waaay back in the day but only recently decided to check his work out. So far this book is pretty rad. It's about a girl who goes to work for a superpower Google-type company. She thinks it will be her dream job... and maybe it is ... or maybe not. I'm only 33% thru. It's good!

6. I tried reading Ready Player One. It's pretty well written, but I don't know, it's umm... too nerdy? I feel my neckbeard growing with every chapter. The references just don't resonate with me. Oh well.

7. I felt like it was trying to be too nerdy and doing kind of a bad job of it.

Like the author looked up a lot of the references he made that he thought were cool but never actually experienced them.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

8. References are really all it has to offer. The fan-ficky description of the guy's Ecto 1-Delorean car is given more space and weight than his emotional state after, what, months of complete isolation? A year maybe? Cline jerks off to the car for like two pages, then never talks about it again. The whole book is like that.

9. Has anyone read The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss? It came highly recommended, and seems to have great reviews everywhere, with like a 4.5 out of 5 rating. I'm 20 chapters in and it's still boring as all fuck. Does it get amazing towards the middle or end? What am I not getting here.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. It gets amazing in spurts. Having the same problem. I love the characters, but I can only read so much about student loans before I get sad about my own.