Page 218 of 243 FirstFirst ... 204214216217218219220222232 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2425

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Has anyone read The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss? It came highly recommended, and seems to have great reviews everywhere, with like a 4.5 out of 5 rating. I'm 20 chapters in and it's still boring as all fuck. Does it get amazing towards the middle or end? What am I not getting here.
    Just stick with it.. it's really slow at the start.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    References are really all it has to offer. The fan-ficky description of the guy's Ecto 1-Delorean car is given more space and weight than his emotional state after, what, months of complete isolation? A year maybe? Cline jerks off to the car for like two pages, then never talks about it again. The whole book is like that.
    I keep imagining OASIS as the Money for Nothing video. It's kind of hilarious like that.

3. The last couple of posts about Ready Player One kinda make me feel like reading the book. Any book that can elicit such energetic albeit disgruntled reactions from the collective TNL hive mind must be doing something right.

4. I read a bit farther in. Don't bother; it's really not very good.

5. The thing that broke me was when he mentioned pizza delivery companies. So modern civilization has collapsed because of a lack of cheap fuel but Papa John's can still deliver pies? Get fucked.

6. I finally read All Quiet on the Western Front. It's mostly shit. It succeeds as an anti-war narrative about as much as an episode of GI Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Claudio killed my love of reading.
    Pacrappa loaned me this sweet Conan book. I tried to read it, and Claudio's bullshit still lingers.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The thing that broke me was when he mentioned pizza delivery companies. So modern civilization has collapsed because of a lack of cheap fuel but Papa John's can still deliver pies? Get fucked.
    That sounds pretty awful. I ignored this book when it first came out because it sounded dumb. Guess I'll keep ignoring it

9. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Just stick with it.. it's really slow at the start.
    I just finished chapter 72, I still don't see it. I'm just not getting what everyone loves about this book. There are so many positive reviews, and I'm just not feeling it. Even the "exciting" parts are boring. Right now I would describe it as Harry Potter, the really boring with lame magic edition. I'm going to finish it, because I'm anal with books like that, but this is more boring than Feast for Crows could ever hope to be. The most interesting thing in the book, the Chandrian, are barely talked about.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.