Page 3 of 243 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading?

1. I'm reading more manga than I humanly should.

I also read WAY too many different mags from cover to cover.

I'm also reading this book DJ Culture by Ulf Poschardt

I also sneak in some computer books, stuff like flash, web design, music software and other random computer weirdness.

Also cook books, but I dunno if that really counts.

I seen the novel for the ring, I'd like to give that a read. Wish I could find translated Vampire Hunter D novels. I wouldn't mind reading Battle Royale and some other crazy stuff.

2. Star Wars: The Paradise Snare: The Han Solo Trilogy Volume One by A.C. Crispin... because I'm a geek...

3. I'm reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.

Really good fantasy.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

4. I'm reading Les Misérables by Victor Hugo, only 850 pages left yay.

5. Quote Originally Posted by PBMaX
    I'm reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.

Really good fantasy.
    Yes it is. Carry on.

I'm reading, slowy, The Templars by... somebody whose name I forget. I'm being a bum and reading, a chapter at a time, at bookstores. I want to read the DaVinnci Code, which I might well buy.
    o_O

6. Still trying to finish Wheel of Time. On Winter's Heart (almost caught up with the series - woo!).

Outside of that, it's been textbooks - Family Stress and Coping, Fundamentals of Biology, and Japanese (I think the title is Genki, though that might be the publisher).
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DjRocca
    Can any of you speed read?
    I read the unabridged version of The Stand on a plane trip from Baltimore to Las Vegas. Does that count?

8. I think it does...

When I go through textbooks, it's weird. I can just run my finger under lines as I follow along and pick out all the important information. A form of speed-reading? I dunno - I do know that if I just fly through a reading, I can polish of a hundred + pages in an hour or so.

But normally, when I read for fun I like to immerse myself in it. Take my time, be vivid about what's going on, take a mental picture of settings and such. More fun that way, but the first can get me out of tight deadlines and class schedules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. I just finished reading a bunch of Junji Ito manga (Tomie 1, Tomie 2, and Flesh Coloured Horror). But apparently manga doesn't count. ...

... so as for "real" books, I am currently reading Le Petit Prince and trying to improve on my French. Mostly, I am stuck reading stuff for school and haven't had a chance to get involved in reading anything too lengthy.

10. I just finished Glamorama by Ellis. It was my first Ellis book & I can now say that all of his other books are on my must read list.
    Before that, I read Blood Meridian by Andrew McCarthy. Another excellent book that doesn't seem to feature any redeemable character on first glance. Meridian was my first western novel, and my first McCarthy and it has some of the most spare & beautiful writing I have ever encounterd.

JM