Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sting is retarded.

1. Thumbs Up Sting is retarded.

It goes without saying Sting is a total glitzed out "star" and hasn't been good since the Police and the occasional feel good song like Fields of Gold or if i ever lose my faith in you. But first we get Desert Rose, now this new song, I don't know what it's called but man, it's just a really fruity, generic sounding new age crap song. Does Sting think adding a foreign/jungle/hindu beat to his music makes him "spiritual." Blecch.

What am I talking about anyways? He's an old fart. Meh. *Goes back to listening to Reggie and the Full Effect*

2. Sting will always be cool, no matter what he does from here on out.

3. Desert Rose is an awesome song.

Ya know, the Russians *do* love their children, too.

5. You know, I'm probably the biggest Sting/Police fan on TNL, and even I'm finding Sting a bit tiresome lately. The Police ruled, and Sting's first 2 solo albums (Dream of the Blue Turtles and Nothing like the Sun) were great. I sensed a change when Soul Cages was released, however. The music and arrangements became more stripped down, less complex, the lyrics more generic and less thought-provoking. I knew something was wrong when I saw Sting do a fucking Jaguar commercial. Then he did country western shit. Ugh.

Still, while I'm not the biggest fan of Sting's current solo stuff, he does put out the occasional good song. Desert Rose IS good. This new song is decent, too. But he just doesn't have what he once had, long ago in the 80's and early 90's. *sigh*

Still, I'd kill everyone for a Police reunion album. If you could pry Stewart away from scoring Spyro games, and I'm sure Andy needs the money...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Still, I'd kill everyone for a Police reunion album. If you could pry Stewart away from scoring Spyro games, and I'm sure Andy needs the money...
    Andy has been touring with Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger along with Ian Astbury, formerly of The Cult, as The Doors 21st Century.

7. Eh, Andy, Sting and Stewart would probably kill each other, anyway.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Copeland scored the Spyro games?! Nuts. I guess we should just be lucky Sting and Copeland could stop arguing long enough just to do their one little show at the Rock and Rocll Hall of Fame. And I agree, Desert Rose is pretty (would liked it better if the background vocal was a woman....) but this new song just has an unbelievably generic techno/jungle beat to it. Bleh. Also hated that country crossover song he did, I'm so happy I can't stop turning the channel. What a depressing and bland song.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge
    Andy has been touring with Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger along with Ian Astbury, formerly of The Cult, as The Doors 21st Century.
    It should be noted here that Ian Astbury is STILL with The Cult. They broke up in 1994, and reunited in 1999 and toured a bit and recorded a fucking cracking album "Beyond Good And Evil" on Atlantic Records in 2001 and toured some more. They're currently on a hiatus while Astbury does his thing with The Doors.

Personally, I think he should stop dicking around with these fucking tarts and get back with Billy Duffy and slam out another great Cult record. "Beyond Good and Evil" was in my opinion, the best album of 2001 and THE best Cult album they've ever done, the whole thing was brilliant, brimming with energy, I love that album. Sure, Ian's voice is a good fit for the Doors, but who else here thinks those guys should've left well enough alone and not gone out touring (and now recording) as The Doors... Jim Morrison was The Doors, and though I've never been a fan of them, I at least realize that. The world can live without another Doors album, they have for over 20 years, but goddamit - The Cult were just getting great again! Ah fuck...

Edit - oh right about Sting, blah, I'll let Henry Rollins comments about this guy speak for me. "Now sit still and be quiet, Sting wants you to listen to his song, its very important: Let Your Soul Be Your Pilot (insert gagging noises here)"

His music is pretentious crap and its amazing how many people go for it. The place I work at people line up like the VH1/Top 40 fed fuckfucks that they are and buy his new album.

"Do you have the new Sting album?"
    " (grumbles) Yeah we do, here it is."
    "Have you heard this?
    "No I can't say that I've heard it, its not my type of music."

"Oh Sting is wonderful, he's a great artist, you should listen to him."

"Ah you should listen to Goatwhore, they're great artists as well."

"...."
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kosh_H
    Copeland scored the Spyro games?! Nuts.
    Yeah, I remember that OPM had a big article about the making of the first Spyro game and they had an interview with Copeland about scoring it. Turns out he likes playing video games a lot.

Also hated that country crossover song he did, I'm so happy I can't stop turning the channel. What a depressing and bland song.
    Heh, cute joke. Yeah, that song was shit. So was that western song he did, Love is Stronger than Justice or whatever the hell it was called.

Man, I miss the Sting of the late 80's...hey, anyone ever see that movie he was in called Brimstone and Treacle? You know, the one where he raped a retard? That movie was hilarious.