Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boxset Recommendations

1. I couldnt pick just one, so...

1)Boogie Pop Phantom Box Set--I fell asleep watching Gasaraki twice about a year ago. So, I figured that Biomechanic couldn't be zero for two. I watched the first two episodes and, yes I enjoyed it.

Heat Guy J--Despair recommended it, which scared me, cause his taste is so particular, but I wanted to give everyone a fair shot first time around. Hope I dig it.

Sakuar Wars:The Movie--I've never seen anything from Sakura Wars. I know very little about anime, but I know who Production I.G. is, and I know they did the 9 minute anime sequence in Kill Bill. I have a mad-on for anything linked to Kill Bill. There is no method to the madness.

Haibane Renmei--was this done by I.G. as well? I bought one more DVD and I know it was by I.G., so this might be it.

Thanks for all the tips. You guys are the best.

2. Cool, man. Glad you're liking your scores.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

Sakura Diaries.
    Niea_7.

If you want Niea, I'm selling the DVDs. PM me if interested.

4. While, for some insane reason I am still partial to the Rayearth and Slayer's series, I would have to say....

Beserk- everyone really should have seen this

X- once its all out ( i think there is one DVD left to release) I loved the series.

I would say Kenshin.. but thats soo expensive unless you can buy imports.

And The 13 episode Record of Lodoss war is just great if you like D&D style fantasy.. and the mini box set is only about 60 bucks.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    Sakuar Wars:The Movie--I've never seen anything from Sakura Wars. I know very little about anime, but I know who Production I.G. is, and I know they did the 9 minute anime sequence in Kill Bill. I have a mad-on for anything linked to Kill Bill. There is no method to the madness.
    Production I.G. are cool. A very diverse group that usually produces quality work.

Check out all Ghost in the Shell (including Stand-Alone Complex and Innocence when they hit), Love Hina, FLCL, Evangelion, Patlabor, Blood, Jin-Roh... many others. They do in-house work as well as co-productions with other companies (like Headgear, GAINAX, etc.).

Check out a history of Production I.G. from 1998 - 2002 here: http://www.animenation.com/404853517x.html

Their homepage is here: http://www.productionig.com/

6. okay im dumb. what is flcl short for?

7. Fooly Cooly