19 33.33%
  • Under-Rated

25 43.86%
  • Just Right

13 22.81%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ico: Under-Rated or Over-Rated?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mamoscott
    The only Ico-related sales data I can find online is ~70,000 copies sold, which is the number mentioned in a "Do Consumers Really Want Original Game Content?" feature at GameCritic.com.
    I was actually going to say the game was just right, but if it's sales figures didn't even crack 6 digits, then it probably does lean more towards being underrated. Very fun game, and we're very lucky to be getting the sequel to it, considering Mark of Kri sold equally as shitty and had it's two planned sequels unceremoniously canned soon thereafter
    omg TNL epics!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    I went with under. It's a beautifully crafted game that gets next to no attention.

Yorda = Best. Supporting Female Character. Ever.

"She comes when you call her. What a woman!"
    Now why can't I find a woman like that?

Actually I have some strange news on that front to chat about. PM dude - it's your turn...

As for Ico, my favourite PS2 game by far... It's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok the Red
    considering Mark of Kri sold equally as shitty and had it's two planned sequels unceremoniously canned soon thereafter
    I had no clue there were ever sequels planned; that game was pretty damn good.

To go from not knowing something exists, to knowing it did and immediately afterwards finding out it's been cancelled... that's balls and a half.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Well shiver me timbers!! Guess what game is number one??

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/sept.../index26.shtml

5. that kinda proves that it's not underrated..

Quote Originally Posted by johnk_
    that kinda proves that it's not underrated..
    Either that or that their list is bullshit. Explain to me how Virtua Fighter 4, which sold well enough to become a Greatest Hit, is the second most underrated game ever. If you want an underrated game on PS2, get GunGrave. It got 6s and 7s from knuckle-dragging reviewers and found its way into bargain bins. It is also the best 3D action game on the system. Go figure.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    I had no clue there were ever sequels planned; that game was pretty damn good.

To go from not knowing something exists, to knowing it did and immediately afterwards finding out it's been cancelled... that's balls and a half.
    Mark Androvich of PSE2 magazine posted a message on alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 back in July that there might be a sequel to The Mark of Kri after all. There is still hope!
    "PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

8. I rented it but never saw the appeal that most (here and elsewhere) said it had.

I think this PA pretty much says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

9. that sums up my problem with it!

I never really had a problem with Yorda. They give you everything you need, control-wise.

Maybe you guys just suck.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery