Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: October Comic Book Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    I was disappointed with Hush (well, the last issue anyway), and I stopped getting Daredevil now that Mack is on it. As for New X-men though, I am really getting into this new storyline, and I'd like to see what's going on. The thought of Mack taking over and having wolverine as the focal point is going to be bad, and I may actually stop getting it then too. He's a good artist, but it just doesn't fit right in comics, I feel, and his writing is boring. I already get Wolvie's solo title, let the team books be about the team! Oh well, money saved is always a good thing hehe.
    Sorry, guys, Mack will be on Ultimate X-Men not New X-Men. It will be Mack's version of Logan going to Japan to study with the Samurai. I know I'll buy it--I'm a Finch whore.

Tragic, I really dug the Ultimate Six #2. I wasn't aware that some of the "Six" were created by Shield in the hopes of duplicating the Captain America serum. I wonder who it was... I thought Doc Ocs escape was done very well. Also, Sand-Man declining to have his powers unleashed because he "doesn't have full control of his powers"--interesting. And, last but not least, the interaction between Green Goblin and Doc Oc was classic. "Oh my God, Norman, what have you done to yourself? You look wonderful."

I guess what I'm saying is, Ultimate Six #3 comes out tomorrow and I can't wait.

Fable # 18 comes out.
    Ultimate X-Men #38 comes out, so we'll finally get to see Bendis write the X-Men. All should be well.

What are you guys getting tomorrow?

2. Doc Ock's escape was pretty cool but... why did they let him back near his arms? Did they not know that he could control them when they aren't connected to him?
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

3. That was reason they brought him in the room with the arms--to fid out how they worked.

4. TOmorrow is pretty slow for me. Punisher and 1602 are all I can think of off hand that I'm getting. I get fables, but only in trades now (in an effort to save money).
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    TOmorrow is pretty slow for me. Punisher and 1602 are all I can think of off hand that I'm getting. I get fables, but only in trades now (in an effort to save money).
    I used to despise the Ultimate line but now it's what I most look foward to each month. I guess your not into it?

I'm picking up 1602 as well.

6. So, they just let this guy who is obviously a little mentally unbalenced back into a room with his main weapons (of which they aren't sure how they work) just because he told them that he was trust worthy? I dunno...

7. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    I used to despise the Ultimate line but now it's what I most look foward to each month. I guess your not into it?

I'm picking up 1602 as well.
    Nope, I hate the Ultimate line. I tried giving Ultimate X-Men a shot, and i just couldn't get into it at all. I even had a free 3 issue subscription to Ultimate Spider-man and it was the same deal. The way I look at it is that there are plentyof books in regular continuity that I have a hard enough time keeping up with, I don't need to try and keep up with a different continuity.

8. I can totally understand that. Personally, I'm pretty new to comics and love the Ultimate line.

9. I collected from like 5-14, then started up again about a year ago.

EDIT: I'm 22 now

10. I'm like sooo behind. Well actually just picked up the stuff I don't subscribe to in the newstands with:

Iron Man #73
    Transformers the War Within: The Dark ages #1
    NYX #1
    Batman/Superman Secret Files 2003
    Ultimate Six #3
    1602 #3

I still have to pick up Supreme Power #3, New Mutants # 5 or 6 I think, Ultimate X-men #38, among others. I'll post some thoughts on the Ultimate Six and the comics I bought later.