1. i got:

Transformers - the war within: the dark ages #1
    1602 #3
    Ultimate Six #3
    Feather #2
    Ultimate X-Men #38
    100 Bullets #47

i haven't read any of them yet, except for x-men. i read JLA in the store
    and i have to say its the best story joe kelly has done so far. i'm going to
    pick up the eentual trade, as dc has been good at releasing them quickly. Unlike
    the stiff job they're giving to Legion. Finally after 3 months or so, a new issue of
    100 Bullets is here. Ican't wait to dive into it.

I would post more often, but my main computer is down, and has been for almost 2 months
    and i'm using an inhumanly slow one now. it scrolls slowly on message boards, so i hardly come
    here til i get my shit fixed.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

2. I pikced up:

1602 #3
    Ultimate Six #3
    Ultimate X-Men #38
    NYX #1
    Spectacular Spider-Man #5
    Runaways #7
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

3. I've been reading

X-Statix
    Criminal Macabre
    Human Target
    Transformers/G.I. Joe (the WWII one)
    the new Robocop series

Just finished up Violent Messiahs : Lamenting Pain. That wasn't as good as the first series, which I recommend to everyone, but it was still really good.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

4. Let's see what I've got here...

Frankenstein Mobster #0. Only half-read, but I'm liking what I've seen. Can't really comment yet because it's too soon, but I'll be buying the next issue.

Two Step #1. A new Warren Ellis 3-parter, and I'm liking the start of this one. It's a lot of fun so far, I'm liking it enough that I hope he has more than the one story with these characters in it.

Fables #18. A good one-shot story.

Human Defense Corps #6. I should probably read #5 at some point, now that I've got the last issue.

Tokyo Storm Warning #3. Finally. This Ellis 3-parter felt squished, I think it would have benefitted from expanding it into a fourth issue.

1602 #3. Haven't read it yet.

Tom Stron #22. The third part of the Tom Stone series, and it's conclusion. As always a really good read, andJerry Ordway art never hurts, either. Maybe someday it'll have a normal schedule? It's a series that deserves better than it's gotten, at any rate.

I also found Trouble #1 in the 25-cent bin. I'll be reading it later, can't say it interests me but it was a quarter, so why not?

James

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tragic
    So, they just let this guy who is obviously a little mentally unbalenced back into a room with his main weapons (of which they aren't sure how they work) just because he told them that he was trust worthy? I dunno...
    Well, keep in mind that SHIELD removed the arms from his body. They were grafted onto his body (did you read Ultimate Spidey vol. 3?), it's not like they were just attatched to his back. I don't think any of us assumed that he could control the arms through his pshyce. SHIELD has been speaking with Otto for two months and were aware that he was the only one showing remorse for his sins.

In the end though I guess you have to take these stories with a grain of salt. The only part I've been disappointed with so far is the lack of a sixth member. Someone mentioned the Lizard, which made sense--or, I thought it could have been the Rhino. Only because Iron Man apprehended him a few issues back.

Anyone read 1602 or NYX yet?

6. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    I wasn't aware that some of the "Six" were created by Shield in the hopes of duplicating the Captain America serum. I wonder who it was...
    The Green Goblin, Sandman, Doc Ock, and (spoiler if you haven't read the latest issue)Spider-Man, although they weren't made directly by SHIELD. Possibly all six. IIRC, the serum Norman Osborne was making that he eventually tested on himself to turn himself into the Green Goblin was being contracted by SHIELD. It turned all four into their current selves, although only Sandman and GG were on purpose. I believe SHIELD hadn't authorized human testing yet, which is why they're all considered illegal mutations.

Kraven was obvioulsy not made by SHIELD because they came and arrested him, although he could have gotten his powers from the serum if someone had gotten ahold of it from Osborne somehow. And Electro's origin hasn't been explained yet, although I suppose it could've been connected to the serum as well. My guess is the serum was responsible for Electro and Kraven as well. Makes for a nice connection between the six.

7. NYX kicked much ass. The art is awesome!
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

8. Wow, I had no idea that Shield was responsible for almost all of the Six. I've read all the Ultimate books and I was under the impression that Norman was responsible for himself; Doc Ock was the result of an explosion; Sandman was being held against his will and undergoing illeagl experimants by a character who died in an issue of Ultimate Spidey.

NYX was very cool, Tragic. I love the art and feel perveretd for finding the protagonist sexy.

Anyone read Ultimate X-Men? I really enjoyed the issue. I was happy to finally see Jean confront Logan on the issue of Scott. And the ending was great. I know I've said it before but it bears repeating: Finch owns this book. I hope he pulls a Bagely and does a 50 issue run.

Just had to mention this: I was at the PCS boards and wrote that I would rather have another artist work on The Ultimates that can get the issues out on a monthly basis then continue to put up with Hitch's 3 month schedule.

The first response: "People like you should die"

I've seen hostility at TNL before but what do you say to that?

9. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    Wow, I had no idea that Shield was responsible for almost all of the Six. I've read all the Ultimate books and I was under the impression that Norman was responsible for himself; Doc Ock was the result of an explosion; Sandman was being held against his will and undergoing illeagl experimants by a character who died in an issue of Ultimate Spidey.
    Yeah crazy shit. I love how they are interwoven and kind of realistic. Cool to have them all related in some way.

NYX was very cool, Tragic. I love the art and feel perveretd for finding the protagonist sexy.
    I loved it as well. I didn't think Joe Quesada could write so well even after his pretty good Iron Man stuff. Josh Middleton has an awesome style it looks like a soft living cartoon. I like how they showed Kidden's powers at the end probably having to do with freezing time/space. A whole new facet to Marvel and pretty realistic as well.

Anyone read Ultimate X-Men? I really enjoyed the issue. I was happy to finally see Jean confront Logan on the issue of Scott. And the ending was great. I know I've said it before but it bears repeating: Finch owns this book. I hope he pulls a Bagely and does a 50 issue run.
    Unfortunately haven't picked it up yet, I want to see the story end though as good as it is. Move on Bendis, there's more to X-Men than Wolverine. Same goes for Marvel as they have been milking him a but too much as much as I like him.

Just had to mention this: I was at the PCS boards and wrote that I would rather have another artist work on The Ultimates that can get the issues out on a monthly basis then continue to put up with Hitch's 3 month schedule.

The first response: "People like you should die"

I've seen hostility at TNL before but what do you say to that?

10. Will, I was happy to finally see some of the other cast used in Ultimate X-Men as well. Marvel really has been pushing Wolverine--maybe more then ever--and it doesn't make sense when you have such a great supporting cast.

Looks like future issues will involve Archangel and Dazzler. I'm happy to have more guys but I wish we'd spend some with Night Crawler and Cyclops.

Too bad Mack's arc is going to deal with Wolverine's trip to Japan. As long as the whole team goes (or atleast a healthy percentage) it could be very cool.