Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: October Comic Book Thread

1. I've never been interested in the Flash, but perhaps I can give one of his arcs a chance. But only if you pick up the Planetary TPB.

Will, that Finch cover is awesome. Unfortunately I subscribe to Wizard and their delivery time sucks. And since I really want that cover, you just know I'm going to wind up with one of the others.

Personally, what did you think of the art work on Ultimate FF? I wish Cassady was doing it, like they had previously wanted.

2. Quote Originally Posted by BEBOPlover
    Will, that Finch cover is awesome. Unfortunately I subscribe to Wizard and their delivery time sucks. And since I really want that cover, you just know I'm going to wind up with one of the others.

Personally, what did you think of the art work on Ultimate FF? I wish Cassady was doing it, like they had previously wanted.
    Its pretty good, standard Kubert stuff. Nothing changed from his X-Men work really, other than this is the FF universe.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Thanks for the reference. You know, I forgot I had his newest series when Erik Larsen and Joe Bennet were creative team, I'll look those up.

I meant the second series, the one before the Erik Larsen one. It lasted 18 issues, with Fabian Nicieza and Chris Marrinan as the creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebop Lover
    I've never been interested in the Flash, but perhaps I can give one of his arcs a chance. But only if you pick up the Planetary TPB.
    I have the first Planetary trade, and i plan on getting the second one soon. Hopefully they'll release a third one soon. And trust me, you'll like the Flash if you start with blood will run. You would think a guy who can run faster than the speed of light would be able to solve any problem instantly, but his villains take that into account and have creative ways of dealing with it. Oh, and another Flash graphic novel to pick up would be Flash: Iron Heights. Its only $5.95, and it fucking rules.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Lordmrw
    I meant the second series, the one before the Erik Larsen one. It lasted 18 issues, with Fabian Nicieza and Chris Marrinan as the creative team.
    Those might be hard to track down in certain comic shops. Probably in those flea market type places but those are very few here. I might just stick to the latest series he had as a measurement of his power.

Its gonna be annoying as fuck sifting through all my comics though, I can't tell you how full my room has gotten and I'm really going to have more trouble bringing a chick in there since it shard to navigate without knocking some books over. Even worse is the issues I didn't polybag a couple of years ago are turning brown in the white parts of the comics.

*sigh*

5. Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Captain Marvel- Currently he's pretty insane but he's a VERY powerful member with cosmic awareness, and energy blasts/shields and all sorts of crap.
    Current Captain Marvel is ridiculously powerful. He could take out the JLA (any lineup) by himself.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers
    Current Captain Marvel is ridiculously powerful. He could take out the JLA (any lineup) by himself.
    Well yeah.....

For some reason when heroes become villains they use their powers more inventively and also become more powerful. Same thing with Martian Manhunter in the current JLA arc.