Thread: My NeoGeo decisions- Need input

1. My NeoGeo decisions- Need input

Okay, I need advice (again).

I finally snagged me a NeoGeo home cart system (JP). Obviously, I wanna play games on it sooner than later. What do I do first with my limited $ resources:

A) Splurge on a Phantom-1 MVS converter and a few cheaper (and older) MVS games.

B) Get KOF 2001 AES cart and enjoy a newer game and get the Phantom-1 later.

C) Hold off on KOF 2001 entirely and get it on PS2 later

Any input would be helpful, okeeday?

thanks guys

2. Get the converter. You'll be pulling your hair out not being able to aford %80 of the better games. Especially metal slug.

3. A and C.

seen

4. Unless you absolutely love KOF2K1 and must have it now, I'd suggest to wait and get it later on either MVS/AES or PS2 format (preferrably MVS or AES, of course).
    Personally, I don't feel that KOF2K1 is a good enough game to deserve current AES price... But that's just me.

5. Well, Its all been said before. Get a convertor, and enjoy other games on MVS. WHen KOF21k comes to PS2 get that, or look for MVS version.

6. I just got the Phantom-1 converter yesterday, hopefully my Metal Slug MVS will come soon too!

As for KOF 2001, forget it, too much money for only a fighting game....well in my eyes. If you want a new AES game get Slug 3 or 4. I know you wont be dissapointed with Slug 3 and with the look of it, it will never get ported either.

Slug 4 seems to be coming to the PS2.
    "If you aren't a bit depressed, then you aren't paying attention to what's going on in the world - Get busy living or get busy dieing."

7. Definitely choice A.

Capcommie Guest
    Yep. I'm going with A too. The thought of SNK games on Sony consoles makes my stomach turn.

9. Get a Phantom-1, definitely.

If you really, desperately want KOF2001 right now then get the MVS version.

Waiting for the PS2 port may not be such a bad idea- I have a hunch that Eolith may surprise us with the quality of the port considering that the PS2 has a lot more RAM to use.