Thread: Question about eBay Soukyou purchase

1. Question about eBay Soukyou purchase

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=27247

I'm not planning on getting it right away, but I'm not really up to date on prices and all. I was wondering what you folks think is a good price to pay for the game. I won't be looking for MINT! FACTORY SEALED! SPINE CARD! BLAH BLAH! stuff, just one that's supposedly in good condition. Is the auction above overpriced? I know people who have bought from Yamatoku before and liked the service, and that's probably who I'll end up bidding for, but you never know. Any input would be appreciated. I really like Soukyou and want to get ahold of it in the next few months. Take care, folks.

2. Yamatoku = best seller on eBay.

I won Soukyugurentai Otokuyo on September 11, 2001, and he still managed to get it shipped to me.

That praise aside, $40-50 sounds about right for Souky original printing with spine card.

One of my top 3 console shooters. Fantastic game.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. I wouldn't get the original release. for many the text looks all messed up, as does the top of the screen. Plus, the rerelease comes with a battle garegga demo

4. I blew $60-ish on my Souky reprint, with Garegga demo. $40 isn't a bad price at all, but I'd go for the reprint on general principle. Everyone likes free demos, after all.

James

5. i'm not sure, but i think the text in souky only looks messed up if you're using a PAR to play it.

I've gotten tons of great things from Yamatoku (Saturn MSH vs. SF complete in the cardboard box, X-Men vs SF the same, Cyberbots LE boxed set, etc.) and it's always gotten to me very quickly and exactly as described... he even ships to you before you pay! (if he knows who you are). I've always felt his prices + shipping to be a bit higher than the mean on eBay, but it's worth it sometimes for the security in dealing with him. If you're sure that's the game you want, bid away with confidence.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Do you guys use airmail or EMS when buying stuff from Japanese sellers?

$13 for shipping just seems like overkill (even though I've heard it's wicked fast and reliable).

8. Xbox 360 I

He's a good seller but his shipping is always way to high. For Souky, just wait for a US seller to put up the re-release and you'll be able to score it for $30 or less. Worked for me.

9. Don't let it get too far above $50-60. If it does go over, then wait and try to get the reprint which has the Garegga demo (which i was fortunate to get SEALED 3 years ago from Wolfgames for just $48 ).

That being said Souky is awesome. Pure manic genius although Battle Garegga is still my fave Raizing shmup. Too bad all they make now are Bloody Roar games. Yecch.