Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheats, Glitches and Easter Eggs You Could Never Get To Work.

1. Cheats, Glitches and Easter Eggs You Could Never Get To Work.

Off the top of my head there's a few.

• Super Mario Brothers - Negative World : I know you're supposed to jump and bounce and slam yourself against the pipe (crackhead joke here) in world 1-2 and you'll go through it and yadda yadda yadda. I can't fuckin' do it. Never could.
    • Double Dragon (NES) - Flying Barrel: On the first level you can throw a barrel against the wall and it goes flying straight up in the air. I must have spent days trying to do that. Why? What possible reason is there to that? Still...couldn't do it.
    • Street Fighter - Guile's Handcuffs: I know this was an early bug, but my buddies and I were playing this at the local arcade like the day it came off the truck. I never saw anyone do it on that machine, but the arcade locals swore it could be done. Who knows, even still I could never do it.
    • Adventure - Initials Easter Egg: Ha ha ha. Whatever man, if you say so.
    • Mortal Kombat - Kill The Baby : This, unlike the Street Fighter one, I know I could have done. The local bowling alley (one of them) I saw a dude do Kitana's Babality and then slice it up with her fan. If memory serves, the baby didn't die or anything, there was just some blood. At any rate, he tried to explain it. I tried to do it, spent about $20 and left so unsatisfied. That night was foreshadowing for a future of clubs and strip bars.

I'm sure there's a ton more I couldn't do, but this is a good start until I can recall more.

2. The one that makes Nintendo games fun.

3. In Afterburner for the SMS... I guess you could get infinite lives if you hit the reset button 100 times at the title screen... i could never get that to work...

I dont' know if that game had an end.. but it was one of the few games on the SMS i never beat... along with astro warriors, which never really had an end, thunder blade, and lord of the sword... that game was a bastard... i think i got to the last guy twice and could never beat him.

I did the SMB and Double Dragon ones.

I remember there was this nude code for the original Tomb Raider where you had to do some steps and then jump at the water fountain in the pool room of Lara's mansion... I never got that to work.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. Nudealities. I never could find those. Oh and fighting Jade in the first MK. Oh and Kano transformations too.

6. Double Dragon NES had some great glitches. My personal favorite (I could actually do this one) was the "Beat Machine gun Willy with what looks to be a mutated version of one of his own arms" weapons glitch. Classic.

The most famous glitch I could never do is the Guile handcuffs.

7. I remember the boss code on the PS1 port of Marvel Super Heroes being a total pain in the ass to imput. I think I only got it to work once.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. I remember the boss code on the PS1 port of Marvel Super Heroes being a total pain in the ass to imput. I think I only got it to work once.
    Same goes for me and the Sonic 3 sound test thing.

Oh, and that one code in NiGHTS, too, though I doubt that it was real.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    Same goes for me and the Sonic 3 sound test thing.

Oh, and that one code in NiGHTS, too, though I doubt that it was real.
    That Sonic 3 code STILL eludes me to this day!!!!!

I can't undestand how I can't get it to work on a regular basis. If I can't get the rhythm the first few times, it's next to impossible to do it.

About the NiGHTS code, I read that it was in a beta given to game magazines to preview. It didn't make it into the final game.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Blaine
    Super Mario Brothers - Negative World : I know you're supposed to jump and bounce and slam yourself against the pipe (crackhead joke here) in world 1-2 and you'll go through it and yadda yadda yadda. I can't fuckin' do it. Never could.
    Are you keeping the one breakable brick in tact next to the pipe? You don't just bounce against the pipe. You break every brick except the one touching the pipe, then you try and jump straight up, steer in the air so the back of your head brushes the underside of the brick, and then let go of the jump button just as your head gets caught inside of the brick. Sounds weird. Requires some odd timing, but it never takes me more than 2 or 3 rounds of having the timer run out to do it.