Page 1 of 21 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: *puts flame suit on* Is nintendo losing their touch for making games for the masses?

1. *puts flame suit on* Is nintendo losing their touch for making games for the masses?

Back in the day, Nintendo made games that pleased both the hardcore games and casual games without even a single complaint from either group. Now Nintendo's games seem to get bitched at from both sides. While some of it has to do with rushed games like Zelda:TWW and SMS. Other games like Mario KartD is getting the crap beat out of it from all sides for being both too easy and too hard. This is clearly a first for Nintendo, an maybe even a first for any game period.

Is nintnedo losing thier touch due to poor game design these days, or is it because games are more complicated today? Less complex games like their GBA games seem to please many more gamers than their games on the GC. What do you think?

2. Yes. They suck now. Their games just aren't as good anymore. I don't see why that is so hard to grasp for so many people.

They're losing touch with the hardcore crowd because their quality has gone down and they're rehashing a lot.

They're losing touch with the mainstream crowd because the majority don't want to play kiddy games.

4. Am I wrong or isn't there already at least three other threads just like this one? I think they make good on the audiences they're trying to reach. Kids almost universally like thier games still and while thier games may not be huge for a 'mainstream' guy audience they certianly play well for a 'mainstream' girl audience. I've not met many girls who won't play Mario Kart and such.
    o_O

5. Nintendo is doing what they've always done. Make good games. The only problem is that instead of the directors and producers doing their own thing with these titles, they try to emulate what Miyamoto would do. It's time to let these guys bring their own vision to these franchises and see what becomes of them.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Yes. They suck now. Their games just aren't as good anymore. I don't see why that is so hard to grasp for so many people.
    Or maybe your tastes have changed in gaming, and they don't satisfy your needs anymore.

Diffx, we get the point already, you don't like Nintendo. You're whole shtick has become boring at this point, give it up already.

lithium Guest
    Why would this be a difficult question to ask? Or why does it even need to be asked? Their sales clearly show that yes, they are losing touch.

I vaguely remember a statistic saying the average age of gamers is 21. Which makes sense. Your average 20-something is not going to play Mario.

7. What lithium said. The demographics are changing, therefore taste in games is changing, and Nintendo doesn't seem to be rolling with the rest of the train. They still make decent games and all, but average joe gamer today is more interested in the newest GTA clone on their PS2/XBOX then they are the newest Mario game on the Cube.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Diffx, we get the point already, you don't like Nintendo. You're whole shtick has become boring at this point, give it up already.
    Just answering the question, playa.

Holla!

9. If by sales - they aren't loseing thier touch, they've already lost it. HOWEVER: there's still millions who will buy Mario, Zelda and crew everytime there's a new release. There's alot of people who still enjoy and appreciate these games and I can't fault a game for doing what I can only see as what they set out to do. Provide a pretty wholesome gaming experience suitable for all ages and genders which is not so easy. GTA may sell more but it's not something you can play with friends and it's not quite a family title and it's appeal is genuinely masculine. Halo can sell a boat load, and while it's good for parties among friends, the male High School/College + crowd isn't everyone. I think it's close to impossible to not have fun with multiplayer Mario Kart and anyone can have a good time with it so long as they're not too busy cradeling thier balls and fretting over their masculinity.
    o_O

10. They've definitely lost their touch. Their good games are pretty spotty right now whereas before they usually had better quality control and development teams.