Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ridley Scott not promising but *possible* Alien 5....

1. Quote Originally Posted by Icepick
    I thought that was confirmed a long time ago?
    Yeah, but I haven't come across anything regarding a release date....

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. That's Sir Ridley Scott to you philistines.

3. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic
    This is interesting, because Ridley Scott is the only person who should touch this franchise.
    What about James Cameron?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. I'm most likely in the minority here, Dolemite, but as action-packed as it is, Aliens disappointed me as a sequel to Alien. Cameron's not one of my favorite directors to begin with (I find his style to be pretty flat), and I didn't really care for many of the expansions & additions he made to the creatures' mythos. As a stand-alone film, it's great, but as a sequel, it didn't feel right to me for many reasons.

I am a huge fan of mood and atmosphere, and I find the best examples of that in the series to be Alien and Alien3....which also only sported a single creature each. (thank god Clive Barker or Vincent Ward didn't get their mitts on A3)

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

Alien 4 was complete shit. I can let 3 slide, and it even had a pretty good ending and the guy from Roc in it, but 4 is goddamned miserable in every way. I would not look kindly upon a new Alien movie.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    Actually, I'd like to see one to Aliens with Riply's daughter taking the role. The way I see it, I'm pretty sure Weyland covered her history as she's likely to have encountered the same horror her mother did (think about it, she gives up trying to figure out what happened to her and pretty much ends up in the same line of work, but also discovers the same planet.... and dissapears.).

See with this idea, it can lead into something that'll happen in the later film and hopefully take it deeper into what the original alien was all about.
    According to the Aliens SE, Ripley's daughter died alone and without any children, so there's not much of a chance they'd use her at all.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    According to the Aliens SE, Ripley's daughter died alone and without any children, so there's not much of a chance they'd use her at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    The way I see it, I'm pretty sure Weyland covered her history
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

8. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    The way I see it, I'm pretty sure Weyland covered her history as she's likely to have encountered the same horror her mother did (think about it, she gives up trying to figure out what happened to her and pretty much ends up in the same line of work, but also discovers the same planet.... and dissapears.).
    I was referring to that, just in case.