Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ridley Scott not promising but *possible* Alien 5....

1. Ridley Scott not promising but *possible* Alien 5....

Man, I hope Ridley bites eventually (but an Alien sequel he makes should be DONE WITHOUT THE NOW OVERUSED AND RUINED RIPLEY, obviously...). From Dark Horizons.com:

"Alien 5: Some more storyline potential ideas from the man himself Ridley Scott in an interview with DVD Rama and disappointment for those hoping for a fast answer - "Fox and Sigourney Weaver have contacted me, they want to conclude this series with the one who has begun it. [...] But there are not even serious talks. I don't really know what I could do…unless I go back to the questions stated in the first episode. Where does the crashed ship on the planet with this mysterious extra-terrestrial come from ? We could wonder wether massive destruction weapons (which could threaten the Earth) had been used or not. I could be inspired by THE WAR OF THE WORLDS…"

Doesn't sound promising, I can only imagine he'd like to make it but without Weaver no doubt as Ripley is now a useless character IMHO. Send some new characters to the Alien homeworld, have a vicious encounter with the real Spacejockey race (assuming they're still around), something cool. Weaver and Ripley will water it down. But it will probably never happen, Scott even says he doesn't know what'd he do. Oh if only Alien 3 had never happened. And my thoughts on AvP...

Paul HACK Anderdson is directing, the Hive is in a Pyramid and the aliens have been messing with humanity for centuries (so they're like Grays now, haha), and I want my Samurai chick teaming up with a Predator action! 'nuff said.

2. Regarding A5, it would be an interesting twist if the crashed ship genetically engineered the Alien species (experiment goes arye, thus the crashed ship) much like how the humans wanted to domesticate and control them for military use in Aliens.

3. Do you mean what if the Alien spacejockeys were killed by the Aliens which they made? Actually that was confirmed by Ridley in interviews to be exactly the case. Ridley said the spacejockeys genetically created the Aliens, used the eggs as "bombs" which they'd send down to enemy worlds, the aliens would gradually overrun and destroy the planet but eventually they killed the Jockeys themselves (at least the ship in Alien, maybe there are still some jockeys around and they could threaten Earth, that'd make for a sweet conclusion IF and only IF Ridley and nobody else directed, UNLESS Ridley wrote and Cameron directed. But it'll all never happen. )

4. You know, I've always wondered what the story was with the pilots of the crashed alien ship in the first movie. I'd like to see a movie where that was revealed.

And I wish Alien 3 and 4 were never made.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I used to be of the school of thought that the Spacejockey was better left as a cool mystery (and it wasn't really even a mystery, it was obvious after analyzing that they made the aliens which turned on them) that should be left alone but the very thought that Ridley Scott is even *loosely considering* diving into the whole idea ala War of the Worlds makes me DROOL.

6. Boo to all Alien 3&4 hate. I happen to like those too

I also heard Kosh_h Space Jokey history explanation before, and it pretty much fills some of the backstory.

7. I actually DO like Alien 3 and 4 but they're total garbage compared to 1 and 2.

That said, me, my dad and brother get together every October and watch Alien 1 and 2 on either FX or the Fox Movie Channel, annual tradition. And my dad's fave after all this time is 3. Go figure.

8. I don't hate 3 or 4 at all. They each have their good points and can be entertaining. However, compared to the awesome movies that are 1 and 2 they're crap and tarnish the entire franchise.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kosh_H
    Do you mean what if the Alien spacejockeys were killed by the Aliens which they made? Actually that was confirmed by Ridley in interviews to be exactly the case.
    Well good, then. Means I don't have to speculate.

10. I like alot that was seen in 3&4, but sadly they drift further away from what the first 2 are established upon. If the series were to have a conclusion, get 5 to take place on earth and keep the aliens feel, while part 6 should be like the original on a grand scale.

And bring Giger back!