Thread: Cosmo Warrior Zero

1. Cosmo Warrior Zero

Dude, I've been a Leiji Matsumoto fan all along, but this just blows me away! Its just so damned good. I got the First Volume DVD of SW Zero and watched it tonight... its a great series about a bold captain and his crew. Its got plenty of action, pretty nice CG work, great character designs and even (yes even!) comedy! You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss 23 bucks goodbye for this one!

I must admit, I was a little dissappointed with The Harlock Saga, but this totally makes up for it. For all you Leiji Matsumoto lovers out there, this is a must have for you collection (After Galaxy Express 999 and Arcadia of My Youth of course)!

2. That's good to hear. Harlock Saga was...lacking (see our review on popcultureshock.com) but If Cosmo Zero is good, I'll be amped to watch Harlock again...

--Shola

3. Don't need to read your review. I own Harlock Saga and know the dissappointment

4. Ha! Thread ressurect!
    Just bought the first two DVDs of this series ($10 a piece at Best Buy!) and I was wondering...
    When the hell does this take place in the Harlock story line?

5. Stop trying to make sense of it and just watch the damn thing. It's Harlock, that's all you need to know.

6. I got the boxset of this at deepdiscountdvd.com for about $24. I'm halfway through disc 2 and I love it. The scene at the bar was great.

7. :O That's how much it would cost me to get the remaining two discs in the series!
    Hell, it's less!

By the way, what's up with the new "Captain Herlock" OVA? Herlock? What the hell?

8. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    By the way, what's up with the new "Captain Herlock" OVA? Herlock? What the hell?
    Yeah, I saw that at Sam Goody today and was wondering the same thing. Is this the american release of the supposedly sucky Harlock Saga? I honestly don't know much about any of the Harlock series. Help.

Harlock Saga's already out in the US. I saw it and also felt it lacking. I've been interested in Cosmo Warrior Zero though so I'm glad to hear the good impressions.

If I remember right, from what I heard from the story, the Herlock OVA will take place before Harlock Saga. I don't remember what else it takes place before though. The weird thing is that I read in either Newtype or Anime Invasion that Herlock is actually the proper spelling of the name.

I'm surprised no one added Star Blazers to the Matsumoto list. I enjoyed it a bit too from what I've seen of it so far.
    Taking it one day at a time.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Brotherman
    The weird thing is that I read in either Newtype or Anime Invasion that Herlock is actually the proper spelling of the name.
    Dammit, I was afraid someone was gonna say that.
    Bah. It's Harlock, now. I say so.