Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fist of the north star

1. WTF New Fist of the north star

A new Fist of the North star series is on dvd now in Japan. This 3 volume series is based on novel version from 1996.

I hope this comes to the states soon, cause I always got a kick out of this series. Plus it'll be nice to see some head busting action with better quality animation now.

2. There's a 5 volume series on DVD out in the U.S. now.

I really want them to rerelease the movie.

3. I heard about it. Looking forward seeing it, when it released here, or HK dvds

4. I have the dvd of the movie. Its one of the worst dvd's I have. Horrible quality and no extras...it really needs a re-release.

I never got around to watching the tv series, I still need to get em. The main reason I want em is they got a drum N bass soundtrack and it got me interested in seeing and hearing it.

From the pics I've seen of the new OVA, it looks a bit cleaner with the computer cell animation. They also seem to have put the computer blur effect on Ryu's rapid fist move.

5. Have you ever tried to buy the DVD off of eBay? Holy shit it is so expensive sometimes up to 80$. The movie was bad ass but the TV series sucked in my opinion. Hopefully this new series will have better animation and more of the guy who sliced people up, his name escapes me.

6. I'm not sure what the stance here on fansubs is so mods, do feel free to get rid of this part if you don't like it. There's a fansub available for the first episode (this is as of yet unlicensed), and you can get a BitTorrent for it over at animesuki.com.

Anyway, I've seen it that way and at Big Apple Anime Fest, where the director brought it over for a last-minute showing. Everybody familiar with Fist came running to the showing and we had a lot of fun with it. When Kenshiro says "You're already dead" we nearly broke out into a standing ovation. After everybody came out of the showing raving, everyone who had missed it demanded an encore, and I proudly admit that I was there for that one too.

The animation is incredible, easily on par with the movie. There's a little bit of CG, even, and it actually looks good. All the gore is intact, and there isn't anything like the self-censorship used in the TV series. They had a hell of a budget.

Oh, and there's no Rei in the new OVAs. It's sad. I know.
    Subatomic Brainfreeze, Licensed Professional

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sub
    I'm not sure what the stance here on fansubs is so mods, do feel free to get rid of this part if you don't like it. There's a fansub available for the first episode (this is as of yet unlicensed), and you can get a BitTorrent for it over at animesuki.com.
    Don't worry. Half the threads here have links all over for Fansubs.
    I remember seeing first shots of this. Looked great, and I'm glad to hear it's as such.
    When does it take place? After the TV series (of which I have to catch up on the DVDs for)?

Hmm... this thread puts me in the mode for Hokuto No Ken / Punch Mania...

8. I believe it's after the TV series, because there are flashbacks at various points.
    Subatomic Brainfreeze, Licensed Professional

9. The first ep of it was on BT aways back. It's okay, but certainly nothing you wouldn't expect. The martial arts was meh at best.

10. MUSIC BY GACKT!