Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk VF4

1. Let's talk VF4

Who's your preferred VF4 character and why?

2. Wolf...

'Cause he just plain ownz.

His variety of throws, and quickness make him a total badass if you take the time to learn all his stuff.

Not to mention I dig is "OWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH" when he wins.

3. Ever since back in the VF1 days, Sarah Bryant has been my favorite VF character. She doesn't have the variety of techniques like Akira or power of Jeffry/Wolf, but her agile & balanced fighting style just matches my playing style perfectly. (and apparently she happens to be Yu Suzuki's favorite VF character also.)

4. Lion.

I'd never played a VF game before, and the first thing I did when I bought it was play through arcade with each character. I got the farthest with Lion, so I use him in Kumite. I like his quickness, his good distribution of multi-level but relatively simple attacks, and his fighting stance. I don't mind not having reversals, partly because I suck at them and partly because Lion's fast enough to be a good counter-attacker and evade-attacker. I prefer the quicker characters in fighters, so he's a perfect fit for me.

Heh..I actually like his quotes: "Why am I so great?" "I don't make allowances for old men." Snotty little punk - I grin every time.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

5. Lion, because his voiceover is the best!

Just kidding about that voiceover. It's terrible. I have nightmares with rabid bunnies chasing me saying "What a knucklehead!".

But I do use Lion. I like his speed/strength mix. It's pretty well balanced.

-Carter

6. Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Wolf, definitely. Wolf's just got too much cool shit for me to ignore him - double short shoulder rams, short shoulder rams and then the u/f+K dropkick off of a counter, THE GIANT SWING, mixing up the Giant Swing and the Irish Whip (reverse Giant Swing motion) in order to get people out of the ring, the Tombstone, the knee, Wolf's awesome. Wolf was particularly fun in VF3 because the elevation changes really effected how you had to use his moves.

I have to praise Jeffry for his strength, but he's just not as much fun to play as Wolf. He's got the TKOD and Splash Mountain, but that's all that's fun to do with him.

Jacky sucks ass and can go to hell.

7. Actually, the only game series to come close to VO for me has always been VF, and I'm still dying to try VF4. Next week, I'll be playing it.

In VF3, which is my favorite of the series so far (I seem to be the only person who loves the dodge button), I play as Kage. How different is he in 4?

8. Vanessa and Sarah. Vanessa because she fights like a bad ass - one of the rare women power fighters in a game - and she seems to have moves/techinique that will take some time for me to get more familiar with. Sarah because she's the character I've neglected the most from VF2 and 3 so she's been getting more playing time as of late.

9. Actually, I have a friend who likes VF3 better than 4 because of the dodge button.

-Carter