Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL history made tonight

1. Harrison was unstoppable in the closing minutes.

2. The worst call I ever seen was when the ref fucked up the OT coin toss in that playoff game a few years ago...

if you remember right there were so many bullshit calls that year that they brought back instant replay in the offseason.

3. wow, i only saw the first TD on my way out of work, got home and watched wrestling and saw on the ticker that the game was in OT. since i have DirectTV i dont get the local channels in my area (horseshit) so i didnt get to see it. man ill have to watch Sportscenter.

4. yikes - what an embarrassment for Tampa Bay. But I saw replays of those penalty calls... terrible officiating to say the least.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    The worst call I ever seen was when the ref fucked up the OT coin toss in that playoff game a few years ago...

if you remember right there were so many bullshit calls that year that they brought back instant replay in the offseason.
    I think you're talking about that Steelers/Lions game. I don't think it was a playoff game though. It was pretty messed up and as a Steeler fan, I was horrified that we lost that game on such a bad mistake.

SC

I didn't see this specific call, but leaping isn't a bullshit call. What's to stop you from jumping on a teammates shoulders and blocking it?

Anyways, I shut the game off with about 5 minutes to go, deciding my Colts had lost. I went and played FFTA, and unlike every other time I shut a game off and go play FFTA, I did NOT put it back on right before bed. I woke up this morning and checked my fantasy scores, and saw Marvin with a shitload of points. I went and checked the score of the game, and have been ecstatic for a good 8 hours now.

I need video of that last 5 minutes.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    I didn't see this specific call, but leaping isn't a bullshit call. What's to stop you from jumping on a teammates shoulders and blocking it?
    But he didn't leap on anyones back to get more height. He jumped up and slid down his teammates back on the way down. It's clear that he made no attempt to gain extra height. At least that's how I saw it. That being said, I'm glad the Colts won. I think a draw would have been horrible. I was so pissed off last season when Atlanta drew with the Steelers, even when Burress caught the last pass of the game on the 1 ft line.

SC

8. that coin toss was a Thanksgiving game I belive.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy
    But he didn't leap on anyones back to get more height. He jumped up and slid down his teammates back on the way down. It's clear that he made no attempt to gain extra height. At least that's how I saw it. That being said, I'm glad the Colts won. I think a draw would have been horrible. I was so pissed off last season when Atlanta drew with the Steelers, even when Burress caught the last pass of the game on the 1 ft line.

SC
    Like I said, I didn't see the specific call, but the penalty in general is not bullshit, all though this specific case may be.

10. The specific call, as it was applied last night, was 100% bullshit I assure you. I'm still in disbelief about it.

Not that the Colts didn't proove that they deserved to win the game anyway.