Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL history made tonight

1. NFL history made tonight

Anybody catch tonight's Monday Night Football game? The Colts are down 14 to 35 with less than 4 minutes to play and they come back to win it! No team in NFL history has ever won a game when they've been down by 21 points with less than 4 minutes to play.

The Bucs win the overtime toss. The Colts stop them. The Colts rough the kicker on the punt. The Bucs get another shot. The Colts stop them again. The Colts finally get the ball, drive most of the way down the field, go to kick a 40 yard field goal with their world-class-never-misses field goal kicker.....and he misses. But wait! Simeaon Rice is called for leaping. Leaping! Apparently, there is some old-ass obscure rule on the books that you can't leap up to block a field goal and land on a body, be it the other team or your own. Well, Simeaon Rice leaped up to try and block the kick and hit one of his teammates on the way down....just like every defender has done on every field goal in every game. Seriously the worst call I have ever seen. Now, I really wanted to see the Colts win. That 4th quarter comback was just amazing and I really hate the Bucs....but that call was historically awful.

To make it even better, the colts now have an easy chip shot field goal for the win after the penalty, and the kick still almost misses! It bounces off the upright and in.

Craziest circuis ending to a game I've ever seen.

2. That was one hell of a terrible call.

They seriously could call that on every kick.

That said, the Bucs never should have been in that position. They packed it in early and paid for it.

Marvin Harrison once again shows why he's the best in the league. Perhaps T. Owens can take a hint from him and learn how to be great without being an ass.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

3. Apparently, there is some old-ass obscure rule on the books that you can't leap up to block a field goal and land on a body, be it the other team or your own.
    they made the same call years ago and it was just as stupid then as it is now.

4. Horrible call, but then again, Tampa Bay was leading by 21 with like 4 Min to go. If you blow that you deserve to lose. I said the same thing against NYG/SF last year. Great job Indy, especially with the onside kick.

SC

5. The roughing the kicker call was horseshit, too, but at least the Colts got the ball back. Every single official involved in this game should be fired.

6. Yeah, the Colts did deserve to win that one after the Bucs blew it that badly.... but I don't think anybody in the country wanted to see the refs hand it to them.

I can't imagine all of those Tampa fans that left the game in the 4th quarter (the stadium looked half empty) with time winding down and their team with a cozy lead. That had to be quite a "WTF" when they walked in the door and found out they actually missed a hell of a lot and the Bucs lost.

7. I really really really wish I hadn't missed this.
    o_O

8. I think the Refs took the easy way out and wanted to go home, IMO.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers
    The roughing the kicker call was horseshit, too, but at least the Colts got the ball back. Every single official involved in this game should be fired.
    You're not kidding.

That roughing the kicker call was horrid. There was also a terrible roughing the passer call on Sapp in the 4th quarter.

Seriously, the NFL has the worst officiating of all the pro sports. These guys really need to be full-time employees and spend all of the week focusing onthe upcomgin game.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    I really really really wish I hadn't missed this.
    Same here.

Heard Keyshawn was miced and talked shit to Marvin Harrison who then proceeded to dismantle that Bucs secondary in the clutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.