Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disturbing+Unsettling Movies you have seen.

Disturbing+Unsettling Movies you have seen.

So what Movies stand out in your mind that deal with dark taboo subjects that stay with you? For me I thought 8mm with Nick Cage about the a missing girl was disturbing and the Movie Happiness and Gummo were tough to watch. If you want to see something unsettling check any of those titles out though be warned if your easily offended stay away.

Have you guys seen Kids?

Korian

2. Yeah, Kids was one fucked up film.

Event Horizon had a quite effect on my. It freaked me out, and I couldnt really sleep the night after I watched it. I was just feeling weird and wrong.

Savior is another movie that left me uneasy after watching. All the horrors of war, as excutions of innocent people like animals is just wrong. Good movie, but very unsettling.

Hey Despair if you thought Kids was fucked up check out Gummo same writer I believe Harmony Korine. Kids snffing glue down syndrome prostitute some truly bizzre stff.

Korian

4. american beauty was disturbing. for me anyways.
    requiem for a dream was disturbing as well.
    kids is pretty messed up.
    Jacob's Ladder as well.
    Event Horizon kicked ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. no other movie has messed me up more than "freddy got fingered."

Kids was pretty weird, but I wouldn't have minded if the movie didn't suck so much.

Freddy Got Fingered changed my life. For better or for worse, I do not yet know.

7. Event Horizen, Requiem for a Dream, Happiness, Taxi Driver, Alien/s, a scene in The Green Mile, and even Jurassic Park freaked me out. The worst of all was the Exorcist. I seen the Version You Never Seen Before on dvd, and I didn't sleep that night. I seen way too many scary movies as a kid, and I couldn't handle them. The worst were alien abduction movies and The X-Files, for a long time I was scared of being abducted by aliens.

8. When I was a kid, I saw Fire in the Sky, and that thing scared the living shit out of me.

Probably the scarest thing I had ever seen at the time.

I'm with Regus on this one actually, I too saw Fire in the Sky at a pretty young age and it scared the living hell out of me.

Another movie that did that to me was Pet Semetary, I watched waaaay too many horror movies for a 7-year-old and it really fucked up my ability to sleep at night.

By the way, I'd like to thank Regus for mentioning this, I had almost forgotten about it and now those crazy images haunt my head once again and I'm now reminiscing about those sleepless nights caused by all those horror movies I shouldn't have watched. Thanks Regus!

Yeah Happiness deals with probally the most taboo subject and is amzazing how people's lifes turn out to be. Jon Lovitz was also a sad character.

Korian