Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donnie Darko...anyone see this flick?

1. Donnie Darko...anyone see this flick?

a while back someone on TNL recommended this movie on a Session 9 thread, I believe.

I was watching this earlier today when I accidently kicked my dvd player. I think I'm almost near the end.

Its a wierd movie, its a little creepy, but the movie does deal with some interesting concepts that pertain to time travel.

if anyone seen this movie, (I'm sure a couple) any comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

Klonoa I've been meaning to see it isn't the lead actor was he in Bubble Boy? I'd imagine this Movie he did a better job. I'll check it out and post my thoughts.

Korian

3. Originally posted by Korian
    Klonoa I've been meaning to see it isn't the lead actor was he in Bubble Boy? I'd imagine this Movie he did a better job. I'll check it out and post my thoughts.

Korian
    holy crap..He did look familiar, theres no where to go but up after making bubble boy :/ BTW, drew barrymore and patric sweyze(sp) are in it.
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

4. Thus is another movie on my endless list to check out. I will definately will rent it one of these days. And Session 9 as well.

5. I loved this movie and found that the main actor did a fantastic job. This is the first flick I've seen from this Writer/Director and am very curious to see any other offerings I might not have heard of. Of course this could be his first one, and if thats the case I look forward to seeing what else this chap can do.

I rented this out of desperation since I had seen everything else on the shelf, I found myself looking at the cover sckeptically but once the movie started I was sucked in immediatly. I really loved the aspect of having an "Abyss" like thing guiding us.

D

6. dyomides, good to see another person liking the movie. I got some questions though. The ending is wierd.

********************spoiler***********************

at the end, did he go back in time for the sake of his girlfriend?

or was it like some sort of purgatory,and that he was already dead a la jacob's ladder.

After all is said and done, does the world still end shortly after?

thanks in advance.

7. SPOILER

The impression I got was that his visions saved him at the beginning at the cost of his family and girlfriend' life at the end. By him being dead from the get go it saves everyone else. What killed him in the end (the engine) was ultimatly from the alternate universe/life he was living by not being killed by it at the beginning of the movie.

So in short yes he did kind of do it for the girl but also his family. As for the world ending it was more of a relative use of the phrase in the sense that for him the world would end, everyone else still lives on. At least thats how I interpreted the movie.

Hope that helps.

D

8. Re: SPOILER

Originally posted by dyomides

So in short yes he did kind of do it for the girl but also his family. As for the world ending it was more of a relative use of the phrase in the sense that for him the world would end, everyone else still lives on. At least thats how I interpreted the movie.

Hope that helps.

D
    okay, so him not dieing in the beginning was like throwing a monkey wrench into a well oiled machine. Okay gotcha.

thanks a bunch.

9. Donnie Darko's decent. This was Richard Kelly's first movie and I'll look forward to his next one (though he did confess it won't be as artistic).

10. couldn't have put it any better.

D