Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist

1. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    First episode of Fullmetal Alchemist is now going around over Bit Torrent. The series seems to be a mix of fantasy and action, with a (mostly) light-hearted tone. I believe it's funded if not totally being paid for by Square Enix, because along with the anime there's a PS2 game of the same name coming down the pipes.

Edit: Took down the old links.

(Note: The DL isn't my own, some guy at MIT who hosts up new episodes so I have no long how that'll last. Should be faster than the torrent at least for a while).

So yea, what do you think of the show, or the upcoming game? I'm looking forward to seeing more myself.
    I love the show, and the games are awesome. i've beat them both, I think the first game is really sad though

2. Heh someone mentioned a light hearted tone, but this show definately gets pretty dark/morbid/and overall creepy. Which I think is good, it comes off at first as a really happy go lucky anime, and later on it's just... kinda completely different.

3. I don't think there is a single thing lighthearted about this anime, period. I think that's why I liked it so much...

I mean it starts off with two kids becoming orphaned, the elder brother losing his arm and leg, and the younger losing his whole body. The mom becomes a freak and tries to kill them for what they did to her (Basically)... yeah lots of lighthearted fun... Oh yeah, no happy ending.

4. I saw one of the more recent episodes while doing homework when what is it... Grief? He tells Ed that he has his leg and arm. That's nuts. Now I'm very intrigued with this show

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I saw one of the more recent episodes while doing homework when what is it... Grief? He tells Ed that he has his leg and arm. That's nuts. Now I'm very intrigued with this show

Yeah, it's shit like that, makes it an awesome series.

6. Awesome link, TrialSword. The same page also had a clip from AMV Hell that completely rocked me. Fruits Basket and Family Guy. Great stuff.
    "When angels are forced out of heaven they become devils." -- Viciouis

7. I got my hands on the first six episodes of this, I love the mix of drama and humour it has, and the Ed and Al pairing is pretty unique, and after seeing the episode where Al explains some of the events leading up to and after their mothers horrific transmutation, and their grave loss of body and limbs I'm very eager to learn more about the pairings past.

8. Say you like it/Say you need it/When you don't
    Looking better/Shining brighter/Than you do