Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist

1. I am only going to be expecting good things from the game, since the anime has left me with such high hopes for it,
    and this face looks chinese

2. from animeondvd...
    "Full Metal Alchemist Licensed (06:48 AM EST): According to the PS2 site on IGN, FUNimation announced Full Metal Alchemist at E3 this week. "Funimation will handle distributing the Fullmetal Alchemist cartoon in North America -- a cartoon that has already sold 51 episodes to Cartoon Network for an October air date." According to those who were at the conference, there has been no mention of which flavor of Cartoon Network it'll be on (Adult Swim or Toonami) while the disc release is apparently slated for January 2005 in the now becoming traditional method for FUNimation of the single disc and starter kit method."

3. Good. Saves me the trouble of getting the DVDs.

4. Ugh, dammit! Why Funimation? WHY!?!?!

5. Quote Originally Posted by foreverand1day
    Ugh, dammit! Why Funimation? WHY!?!?!
    Because they did a fantastic job with Fruits Basket, that's why!

6. True, they did do an amazing job with Fruits Basket, but I'm still kind of worried. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as they leave everything intact.

7. Well Funimation didn't waste any time and have already put up a website for FullMetal Alchemist. The first trailer is basically the 2nd season's intro with the "Ready Steady GO!" theme except the narration is dubbed and the title logo is changed to the Funimation's new US logo. I must say though, Alfonse's voice is horrible.... the dubbing already worries me from that little narration.

8. http://www.fullmetalalchemist.com

Want to know what sucks? They're using actual kids to do the voices for Al at least, based on that trailer. And it seems they're using kids that can't do voicework very well.

Not that I'll be watching the dub, but I don't like cringing when I see anime I like on say, Cartoon Network, in English. Hearing the dub from Trigun when flipping through channels is maddening.

9. OK, yeah after seeing the trailer the flags are up ... this is going to be bad. Why start with the second opening [at least they didn't dub the song]? Why is Edward southern [is this a new trend in anime ... "I know, different dialect, let's make them southern!"] Bah! Dammit! ... urge to kill rising.

And if for some reason you think Edward being southern isn't going to matter, I think it will, not only is the dub going to suck, but I have a feeling they[Funi] will take liberties with the sub adding 'y'alls' and 'nuthin's' as per the southrn drawl.

God, why couldn't Bandai or Pioneer/Geneon have obtained this one?

10. At Square's E3 trailer, I found out the kid in the red is a guy, not a girl.

who knew?