Page 1 of 26 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Fullmetal Alchemist

1. Fullmetal Alchemist

First episode of Fullmetal Alchemist is now going around over Bit Torrent. The series seems to be a mix of fantasy and action, with a (mostly) light-hearted tone. I believe it's funded if not totally being paid for by Square Enix, because along with the anime there's a PS2 game of the same name coming down the pipes.

Edit: Took down the old links.

(Note: The DL isn't my own, some guy at MIT who hosts up new episodes so I have no long how that'll last. Should be faster than the torrent at least for a while).

So yea, what do you think of the show, or the upcoming game? I'm looking forward to seeing more myself.

2. i dl'ed this last night and yea, it's good. the blonde bro looks like a mix of Hikaru from Hikaru No Go, Rock Howard, Vash the Stampede and Arucard. i was waiting for a him to pull out a power geyser. he didn't. but his bro pulled out a buster wolf during the end credits.

the one thing i really like is that it's quick to fight religion. it's almost like it's denouncing it totally. well, since it's about alchemy and science and such. but still. if this gets licensed, i'll probably pick i up. from the first episode alone i'm really eating it up good.

3. I was aware of the manga for awhile, just never read any of it. Enix owns the rights to the manga too. I believe enix owns some other manga properties too.

4. Yeah, the manga was from SQUARE ENIX themselves too. After watching the first episode, I can't wait for the next episode. The game in the other hand, it doesnt seem all too interesting as of now.

5. I might check it out. As long as it action packed and not silly

6. Wasn't too action packed at least from episode 1, but it also wasn't too silly either. Give it a watch, hopefully subsequent episodes will have more action to them.

7. i dunno... it's looking to be action packed at the very beginning of episode 2 with the cliffhanger ending of episode 1. there's definitely going to be a throw down right there and then.

despair might like it though. it gets a bit silly, but not too silly where it's just down right lame. most of it is actually serious. at least it seems that way from this first episode.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Victor
    the one thing i really like is that it's quick to fight religion. it's almost like it's denouncing it totally. well, since it's about alchemy and science and such. but still.
    I better stay away from this so's I don't start breaking things. Hopefully, it turns into a religious "debate" kinda show, not a straight-out anti-religion kinda thing.
    Criminy, everyone with access to some form of media thinks their a fucking theologian...

9. well it's just the first episode that debates the theories of science vs. religion. but i wouldn't doubt it taking some type of role in the series. it's not something i'd touch myself since whatever a person's beliefs is whatever their beliefs, but i just found it interesting that that's what they played off. by third episode i'd expect to see something more come out of it than the tired debates we already have in sound off from time to time.

10. So it's more of a debate? I've no problem with that, then.
    Debate's nice. Outright anti-religious sentiment in shows reminds me more of Strong Sad than anything else (I don't wanna eat food anymore!).