Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fruits Basket price reduction !!

1. Fruits Basket price reduction !!

"Effective October 15, the suggested retail price for all four volumes of Fruits Basket will be lowered from $39.95 to $29.98."
    Source : www.animeondvd.com

Meaning that you can probably get the whole 26-episode series for $85 online.
    If you have not seen this series yet, get your ass in gear.

2. My ass will remain in park.

Fruits Basket, and its annoying, glomping fans, annoy the hell out of me.

Everyone, meet my opinion, you may already know him as fact!

...I think I should sleep now.

3. Barring the glomping fans, have you watched any of the show? It's quite wonderful.

4. Yeah, I've watched quite a bit of it. My girlfriend (who registered here as "LuluDoll") loves it, and showed me a good deal of the show. It's got funny spots here and there, but otherwise I find it to be melodramatic and depressing.
    "Meh," says I.

5. I've watched a couple of episodes of it and I quite frankly hated it. Not because it was brain-stabbingly bad, but it was very unmemorable and the "touch a girl, turn into an animal" schtick was another one for the ever-growing pile of "Anime Gimmicks That Pretend To Be Clever But Are Actually Exceedingly Stupid."

6. i rented it based on the recommendations here. I'll be watching it tonight or tomorrow.

7. It had some good moments here and there (goth chick rules), but this is definitely meant for the ladies only, especially with all the transgender characters running about.

8. I'm sold. I've only seen the first episode, but it seemed to be good stuff. I'll pick this up in a low-priority manner.

9. Quote Originally Posted by CynicalSphere
    I've watched a couple of episodes of it and I quite frankly hated it. Not because it was brain-stabbingly bad, but it was very unmemorable and the "touch a girl, turn into an animal" schtick was another one for the ever-growing pile of "Anime Gimmicks That Pretend To Be Clever But Are Actually Exceedingly Stupid."
    You'd be suprised how little the "human into animal" thing actually is used in the show. I think there are entire episodes without any transformations. It's more of a connecting element between the characters than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeter
    It had some good moments here and there (goth chick rules), but this is definitely meant for the ladies only, especially with all the transgender characters running about.
    I have to throughly disagree. My main anime crew that watched this was 3 guys and 3 girls, and we all loved the show. Two other guys I know both watched scattered episodes and liked what they saw.

Here's an "interesting" article I wrote on the show - http://www.tokidokijournal.com/anime/fruitsbasket/ - I wrote it at 2am. Please don't make fun of me

10. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    You'd be suprised how little the "human into animal" thing actually is used in the show. I think there are entire episodes without any transformations. It's more of a connecting element between the characters than anything else.
    The way I see it, the transformation thing is mainly to remove the element of threat from the equation. This girl is around 12-some-odd guys, which would seem like a somewhat threatening situation to most girls. So throw in some kooky curse where they turn into animals if they embrace her -- problem solved!

Some might think it's neat. I think it's cheesy.

You might say FB is a good show, but I can't see Fruits Basket as anything more than a sissified harem anime for girls. And the boy that looks like a NAMBLA member's wet dream gives me the creeps.