Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fruits Basket price reduction !!

1. Quote Originally Posted by CynicalSphere
    You might say FB is a good show, but I can't see Fruits Basket as anything more than a sissified harem anime for girls.
    Not even close to a harem anime. This show is much more about friendships and hardships and dealing with evil family members than it is about love. If it was a simple harem anime then I would have passed it off after the first DVD like I did with Love Hina. Fruits Basket is so much more enjoyable than that show or any harem anime that I have seen.

2. Quote Originally Posted by CynicalSphere
    The way I see it, the transformation thing is mainly to remove the element of threat from the equation. This girl is around 12-some-odd guys, which would seem like a somewhat threatening situation to most girls. So throw in some kooky curse where they turn into animals if they embrace her -- problem solved!

Some might think it's neat. I think it's cheesy.

You might say FB is a good show, but I can't see Fruits Basket as anything more than a sissified harem anime for girls. And the boy that looks like a NAMBLA member's wet dream gives me the creeps.
    No, the element is definitely there to keep these guys availiable until the main character comes along and also give them a hook of vulnerablity that lets her bond with them. The girl is too ditzy to find the situation threatening at all. It is a plot device, but every anime has plot devices so you have to have some level of acceptance for them.

I like the series, but still haven't watched the last disc for some reason.

Now Fushugi Yuugi, that's a girl's harem anime and has a couple of good eps to start before it becomes utter shit. I just found the boxset I had bought, but blocked out of my mind.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. FY season one was fun. The type of anime I would watch but not buy (no re-watch factor at all).

4. can someone explain why they only turn into animals sometimes when they touch her?

5. Hugs, not touch. That's why Yuki can smack down those fan club girls.

6. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    can someone explain why they only turn into animals sometimes when they touch her?
    Rule goes like this: if you're hugged by a member of the opposite sex who isn't part of the zodiac, you transform.

This might explain why some of the guys on the show are rather...fruity...

7. I personally loved the series, though I found it to be like Hack Sign where I loved it, but really can't find myself watching it again. It was sweet, cutesy, childishly moral, while still containing a mature sort of complexity.

The last three episodes were great (in fact so were the last three of Hack Sign). I also loved the character, plus it was very funny. I love it.