Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai Champloo

1. So the soundtrack is the result of breeding a bastardation of music with it's own bastard child?

No thanks.

2. The whole rap and hiphop soundtrack is kind of a turn off, but I'll give it a try.

3. As long that series has an interesting story, good action and characters, I will watch it. The rap-hip hop ST doesnt bother me.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Freeter
    Whoops, thought he directed it. Sorry.

Wolf's Rain and Cowboy Bebop share the same writer/creator and character designer. The studio that animates Wolf's Rain (BONES) is formed of largely the team at Sunrise that previously worked on Bebop, after Bebop they left Sunrise to form their own studio. When Sunrise decided to make the Cowboy Bebop movie, they contacted BONES to arrange for the same team to write/direct/animate the movie.

Recently early this year, Sunrise via Bandai Japan has reacquired BONES. They're still operating under their own name and offices and do productions largely independant of Sunrise, but Sunrise owns them now so it'll be awfully unlikely to see BONES anime in Region 1 from anyone other than Bandai from now on. For the record, Zone of the Enders TV (Dolores, i) is the last Sunrise production to ever be licensed by any R1 anime company other than Bandai, but they've since decided to "keep it all in the family" so to speak.

P.S. Oh and yeah BONES has nothing to do with Samurai Champloo, which is why it's being co-produced by Pioneer USA (now Geneon) instead of Bandai.

P.P.S. The writer of Bebop and Wolf's Rain also wrote the Kingdom Hearts screenplay (the script and dialogue itself, the story itself was developed by Square).

5. I'm all for this show. Designs look great and having a hip-hop / rap soundtrack could be great if done correctly. Afterall, old-school rap kicks ass, as we all know

Oh, and thanks to duckroll for the basket of info.

6. having rap in a samurai anime seems a little odd, but playing jazz music while people are shooting at each other isn't any less weird

7. Note to the nerd-media creators of the future:

No matter how talented you are, adding certain elements to your work will send your fanbase running screaming away from you.

These elements include:

- hip-hop (this anime)
    - man on man action (psikyo's cho-aniki)

Other than that you're pretty much safe! I eagerly await your works.

Your buddy,
    Sub

That said, I can't wait for this show.
    Subatomic Brainfreeze, Licensed Professional

8. What? No rock music or Bebop-esque music??

This series BLOWS!!

personally, I think the soundtrack choice will rule all, and it's about fucking time we saw it used in anime. I wonder if Rza has a hand in or knows anything about this..?

9. ICK that trailor is bad pic quality. Atleast it kinda confirms the hip hop music thing heh.