Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai Champloo

1. I saw one of the two segments Watanabe directed for the animatrix this weekend (Kid's Story) and I have to say it increased my respect for the man far more than Cowboy Bebop did (and I loved bebop). The animation was just staggering.

On that note, this goes on the "To Watch" list.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    On that note, this goes on the "To Watch" list.
    I concur

3. This looks hot. Like extra spicy salsa hot. I have high hopes for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    ICK that trailor is bad pic quality. Atleast it kinda confirms the hip hop music thing heh.
    At least it confirms that RealPlayer has, and always will be, the biggest pile of steaming ass that companies continue to support for some godforsaken reason.

4. Ok. Caved in and watched the trailer. Sexy, of what I could see.

Gotta love the Bebop-esque logo.

5. I don't like rap, but samurai are cool and I loved Cowboy Bebop. I'll check it out.

SC

6. What's so "must watch" about a feudal tart in armor washing his hair . . . ?

I'm looking forward to this. I only recently got into Cowboy Beebop, and I love it like a brother. Hopefully this'll turn out either on the same level or better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. I don't like rap either, but in this context I think it could be extremely cool. Bebop is one of the greatest things I've ever seen, so this is way, way up there on my list. From the looks of it, it already seems very cool

8. Samurai Champloo has a manga adaption to be running in Shonen Ace magazine. Maybe we'll get this too later on in graphic novel format.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Click_Stick
    Ok. Caved in and watched the trailer. Sexy, of what I could see.

Gotta love the Bebop-esque logo.
    I was thinking that about the logo myself... very cool.

I still haven't caved in and installed RealPlayer though, just going by what the site has up.

10. Just in case anyone is interested, they've put up an extended (extended by 15 seconds, that's 30 seconds total) trailer on the official site, actually it replaces the old one. The new trailer shows a bit more action, basically the main characters dispensing baddies, and you get to hear a bit more of the music.

I have high expectations for the series, looks real stylish. Hopefully the story will match the eye candy. Anyway, just thought I'd give you guys a heads up in my first post here.