Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Me just showing off my new toy... sorry.

1. Having skimmed through this thread and realising it is a mac vs. pc debate...there is only one thing that I absolutely positively HATE about Macs: The dreadful one-button mouse, I wish it would just die and R.I.P but...*sigh*
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

2. The Mac only comes with a one-button mouse, for Steve Jobs vision of "simplicity". You can plug a mouse in there with as many buttons as you please. That fancy Microsoft optical mouse with something like 7 buttons works fine, and "right-clicking" for menus works on the system.

3. Originally posted by Kenshin
    The Mac only comes with a one-button mouse, for Steve Jobs vision of "simplicity". You can plug a mouse in there with as many buttons as you please. That fancy Microsoft optical mouse with something like 7 buttons works fine, and "right-clicking" for menus works on the system.
    So for desktop users it is not a problem but for laptops...I don't think most people want to carry around an extra mouse(at least I know I wouldn't)
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

4. When I'm visiting my mom, I use her iMac. It only has one button on the mouse, but I can still do all the right-click stuff but pressing "control" and clicking.

It's not really that big a deal.

5. Originally posted by Psx

So for desktop users it is not a problem but for laptops...I don't think most people want to carry around an extra mouse(at least I know I wouldn't)
    ANYBODY I've ever seen who uses a laptop for any serious amount of work - and I'm talking more than just checking your e-mail or whatnot - always carries a real mouse around with them.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.