Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Find any good games at Goodwill?

Find any good games at Goodwill?

I check them out every once in awhile since people have said they have found deals. Man they overprice their games $40 for a used Zone Of the enders or Superman 64 $30.00.
    I also sometimes see a Genesis system and lots of Amiga games and some loose Nes carts.

Any Goodwill stories?

Korian

I check my local Goodwill on occasion but I never find anything there. In my area, the pawn shops tend to be a better source of good finds.

3. I found Golden Axe Warrior complete at the salvation army last year, as well as a complete NES with all the parts since in the plastic. Not much else of worth, but a new one just opened that I heard had a ton of games.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

4. Either I'm in the vicinity of phenomenal Goodwills or you three live by some horrid ones. It's very out of the ordinary to go to a Goodwill or Salvation Army here that doesn't have at least three consoles and two or so dozen games.

Some are quite good, too. I once found a stack of complete SMS games: Phantasy Star, Zillion, Zillion 2, Fantasy Zone, Fantasy Zone 2, Montezuma's Revenge, misprinted Monopoly, and Miracle Warriors.

5. I'm going to Goodwill and Salvation Army right now. Be back soon with a full report.

As for good finds in the past, I found a limited edition origional mint unopened copy of Loom for the PC. It is so cool, only costs me $9.

dummy Guest
    Master System, complete with 3D goggles and light gun +
    Phantasy Star, Space Harrier 3D, Out Run 3D, Missile Defense 3D, Rocky, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, California Games, Rastan, Hang On/Safari Hunt, Cloud Master.
    Almost all of the games were mint, with those promo posters still inside.
    I got it all as a package deal, $10.
    That was a long time ago though.

Recently, I got Strider and Super Street Fighter 2, for JP Megadrive, still shrinkwrapped. Five bucks for the pair.

7. See very few games for newer systems but I've found some decent stuff:

Shining Force 2 for Genesis- brand new unopened $5

Kirby Super Star .25

Maniac Mansion complete and mint for PC .50

Unopened near mint Headmaster Transformer from 1987 (found it in 2000). 2.00

8. The only thing I found was Civilization: Call to Power for $5 in really good shape.

9. Originally posted by neoalphazero
    Maniac Mansion complete and mint for PC .50
    i had no idea it was ported to PC.. neo, how does it compare to the NES version?? i really liked that game.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

10. Originally posted by johnk_

i had no idea it was ported to PC.. neo, how does it compare to the NES version?? i really liked that game.
    It's the other way around: ported to NES from PC.