Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October Sketch attack 2003 (big pics)

1. Grin October Sketch attack 2003 (big pics)

My scanner came in the mail last night, now I must catch up to the rest of you!

this attachment is best viewed against a gray backdrop, since it was made in photoshop 4.

Until I find a good host for image links, I shall rely on attachments, but for the time bieng most of my scans will find their way to my good friend Rougee at the comgall section of www.Pawzco.tk

If you look closely at your monitor, or have a good resolution. You may be able to make out a Sega Dreamcast around his midsection. Seems that got in somehow... Perhaps I imagined a version 2.0 like the Genesis Redesign.

Edit:

I am attempting the larger version of the picture once here, if it does not show, I will switch back immediately.
    Only you can stop sig pollution.

2. Sorry, man, I can hardly see anything. Maybe it's the black background?

3. I have taken your words to heart, and spent the past three hours creating a new version. I would do so much better if I would start getting snobbish about quality paper

I hope this is easier on the eyes.

As for the new title, I am challenging myself to post 50 of my own pictures on this thread before the end of october, to recieve a grade at the end.

it begins here with 1 of 50

4. 50? You better get started then...the month's already half over.

5. Spark is a fursona character I created to be kind of an antagonist to Jen's Spunky Dog Character. I rarely draw furs, and I feel left out on sites that have mostly animal avatars.

The next is some guy I see in the morning when I brush my teeth, he really bugs me!

Colleen started as a single wavy line in the hair, it sort of grew from there like a fractal. It's weird how many of my pictures just sort of draw themselves lately.

Nobeard started as a gag on the Toonapalooza forums, I sort of evolved him into a hybrid of me, Guybrush Threepwood, and Vyse.

0 to 6 in 48 hours!

My Gamefan level is weak sauce in sausage gravy

My Star trek level is B-4 The Special Education Data.

6. Nice sketches so far. I think this is good practice for you. Drawing fast, that is. I hope to be able to sketch-scan-ink-color in 20 mins one day...

7. Thank you kindly, Mister Dandy. I appreciate the feedback from you and everyone else!

I know it might be too late for October, but then there is always November, December, Etc...

BTW, this may or may not post, but it is experimentation in Photoshop 7

8. Super Famicom

I have taken to nameing pictures after the things I was watching or paying attention to while drawing them. Last night I drew a really nice piece called Austin Powers number 1, but I forgot to check my book. Thus I drew it on the inside cover, rather than the perforated inner pages.

I remade it as best as I could, during the Reformation Day Sunday Sermon by my Pastor. Thus I present the 95 theses series.

the first one is the original work 95 theses in Black and Blue

Once I made the first one, I zapped it on the copier until I had something cleaner to work with, then I colored it in pencils, thus the second in the series.

I was dissapointed with the loss of grain in the shrink to 60 dpi, so I cropped an eye from the original 600 dpi scan to keep the image under 200 k

For the next photocopy, I used markers in flat layers. Remembering how to keep the texture as even as possible, I would create one layer on the page, then a second layer on top to enrich the color and create shading without extra markers.... Which I don't have, so it was great.

After that Marker, I created another marker with a concept I had never tried before. I wanted to make an image with planes designated in flat colors to represent planes of the muscles and body structure. The idea was to make the image specifically for scanning and selecting large and small areas at will with the color wand. Perhaps even separating the black and tranfering the selections

9. Having done two markers, using a separate sheet as a splot-cloth to absorb the bleeding ink, I became fascinated with the consistency of my paper position as I shifted from thre buildings. I overlayed a Photoshop canvas texture and saved it.

And finally, the final unaltered photocopy, for when I get around to good old fashioned digital manipulation. I welcome any to color if they so desire. But I don't see why they would...

In retrospect, the Dragon looks like a cross between NiGHTS and a Charizard

10. Xbox 360 I winding down

Looks like this partuicular sketch challenge is winding dow, I hope to do better next month, which I will launch in a separate thread, and probably use links now that I have a more or less consistant site for my images.

But it has been a great one and a half weeks!

Here is a Character and size comparison sheet for the New Segatron, Model 3.14

He is less bomberman, more rockman, and still falls head over heels for pretty women. With a scanner, I can probably have him date around... even put out to stud, but he probably would not like that, being the gentleman type.