Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help!

1. Ok heres what Ill play over the summer , tell me if theres anything better. I'll also have every single MAME rom ever dumped aftera week or so ,and Im thinking about picking up a saturn.
    Rpgs(in chronological order)
    Sayuiki journey west(just a bit more to go)
    Valkrie profile
    front mission 3
    zelda 3
    BOF 4
    record of lodoss war

Other miscellaneous stuff
    JGR
    headhunter
    cannon spike
    Silent bomber
    contra 3
    super GnG
    DMC
    GTA3
    Mgs2.

2. Originally posted by Regus
    there are several people on these boards that enjoyed the game immensely, including myself, that would take offence to being called ’retarded kids’.
    I didn't mean to call you a retarded kid, or anyone that enjoyed Soul Reaver 2. I simply meant that it seemed the gameplay was dumbed down FOR retarded kids.

Originally posted by Regus
    This is where I disagree whole heartedly.
    I relished each and every cinema scene, basking in the awe inspiring performances by the game’s master thespians, whereas the only time I felt the voice overs were a hindrance, were in the sequences in which Raziel would speak to himself at the beginning of area.
    I liked the narratives, very well written. I just found the exchanges a tad overblown. To each his own.

Instead of naming the game "Soul Reaver 2" Crystal Dynamics should have called it what it actually was "Soul Reaver 1.5", or "Soul Reaver: Expansion Pack".
    Agreed, and I would have liked it alot more too.

I’m not sure if that was a shot at me, or Smashing Drive, but neither of which was necessary.
    It was neither, I was tired and happen to shoot my mouth off all the time. Actually I did see Smashing Drive at the arcade the other day, looked kinda fun actually.

Basically I'm simply sick and tired of Crystal Dynamics' poor fan pleasing skills. Its not so much that they don't try or that they just suck at making games, its just that they just continue to either intentionally or accidentally piss the hell out of me as a gamer whenever I relent and pick up a new "Legacy of Kain" series. Kinda akin to how I feel about what Tom Cruise did to Mission Impossible after buying the rights to it. >_<

3. Originally posted by gamevet

Actually, I think I am talking about the same game. I just misspelled it. It's the SNK game with the Crystal sword on the box cover art. I just could'nt get into it enough, to even play it more than 30 minutes. I know that's not much time, but we're talking 8 months ago. I'm sure if I played he game back in the NES days of prime, I would have enjoyed it enough to play it through.
    I was somewhat cynically putting down your obvious lack of taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

4. You calling DMC a miscallenios stuff??? You must play it now It should be #1 game on your list.

Good luck with playing all those games. You got some greats there, hope you will have lots of fun

5. I used the term miscellaneous stuff for non rpgs.Is onimusha any good?

6. I was just kidding

Yeah, I though Onimusha was pretty good. Eventhough its not very long, its still a cool game to play. Great graphics, good controls, if you like RE like setup, cool characters, lots of action. One of the better games on PS2, and Onimusha 2 coming to US this August, even better. Definately pick it up, its about $20 in most of the places and well worth it.

7. I havent brought a ps2 yet , add to my list of must have games if can

ring of red
    MGS2
    DMC
    Dynasty warriors
    GTA3
    Virtua fighter 4
    Tekken 4
    harvest moon
    ff10
    shadow hearts
    okage
    castle of shikigami
    psyvviar
    maximo
    onimusha
    Resident evil code veronica X
    Hot shots golf 3
    gitaroo man

8. Originally posted by duckroll

Basically I'm simply sick and tired of Crystal Dynamics' poor fan pleasing skills. Its not so much that they don't try or that they just suck at making games, its just that they just continue to either intentionally or accidentally piss the hell out of me as a gamer whenever I relent and pick up a new "Legacy of Kain" series.
    Now this I can agree with %100, I know that they try to please the fans, but they always seem to fall flat on their faces in some way or another.

9. Originally posted by burgundy
    I was somewhat cynically putting down your obvious lack of taste.

Okay? I just found games like Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, Zelda, and the Bards Tale, to be a better choice, in the NES lineup of RPG's.