Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help!

1. help!

Help me make my schedule for gaming for this summer. Ive got way too many games too play, and I need some input on the length in hours of how long you think it would take to beat these games.

Valkrie profile
    Front mission 3
    Klonoa
    Tomba
    Ard the lad collection
    Lunar2
    Grandia 2
    Jet grind radio
    Sonic adventure
    Headhunter
    Mdk2
    DMC
    MGS2
    shadow hearts
    ff10
    Okage
    GTA3
    Maximo
    State of emergency
    ff4
    suikoden 2
    tactics ogre
    advance wars
    Zelda(snes)
    Crystalis
    Earthbound
    secret of mana
    Resident evil code veronica X
    Soul reaver 2
    Blood omen
    Dynasty warriors
    Silent bomber

You are so screwed.

Valkyrie Profile, Dynasty Warriors, Front Mission 3, FF4 and FF10 could easily take you 100's of hours each if you let them.

My first suggestion is to middle-finger salute the handheld softs and work on the other games that matter more.

3. Re: help!

State of Emergency is quick. It plays like shit, but it's funny as hell.

MGS2 won't take as long. You just gotta sit through the cutscenes. Few days at the most.

Grandia 2 looks like the only rpg on your list that is pretty short. Again, a few days at the most.

FFX...dunno if you actually want to beat this one, the ending is horsecrap...

4. I play through rpgs pretty fast , Ive beaten ff6 and 9 in less than 30 hours.

It would be a shame if you couldn't fit earthbound in there

6. lots of caffine is needed
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

7. Re: help!

Ok since you play RPGs fast, and about as fast as I do.... here's a rundown of my experiences.

Valkrie profile - At least 20 hours. If you really want to get into it and play it again on Hard and get the best ending (definitely worth it) and get through the bonus dungeon (worth doing at least once) then I'll say 50 hours total.

Front mission 3 - If you only plan on doing one scenerio, probably 30 hours or more. If you want to do both, say goodbye to the entire Summer. =)

Klonoa - You can finish it in one sitting if you're hardcore. At most 2 days.

Tomba - Ditto.

Ard the lad collection - At least 50, and that's stretching it. Probably more like 60-70 if you're fast. It -is- 3 games you know. (ok ok so its 2.5 games... whatever)

Lunar2 - 30 hours max.

Grandia 2 - 20 hours I'll bet. I finished it in 2 sittings. But I wasn't very sane at that time...

Jet grind radio - Dunno, haven't played.

Sonic adventure - Couple of hours, again its a "one sitting" possibility. Depending on your mood for the day.

Headhunter - Haven't played. No J version.

Mdk2 - Ugh, I don't even recommend playing it. But that's just me.

DMC - 6-10 hours. But if you like it you'll wanna play again on the next difficulty, sucking more time. Endless cycle.

MGS2 - 15 hours or so. After you finish it, you'll hate Kojima and never want to play another Konami game ever again.

shadow hearts - Never played. Hated Koudelka.

ff10 - 30 hours or so. Don't listen to those 100 hour hypemongers, noone really bothers to go "hardcore" on FF games anymore. Just no payoff.

Okage - Couldnt bring myself to finish it.

GTA3 - 1 year.

Maximo - Can't remember... might last a week. The fustration won't let you play for more than 2 hours at a time so...

State of emergency - Hate hate hate. Dumbass game.

ff4 - 20-25 hours to complete. 5 hours of hitting your head to make it stop seeing visions of bad mode7 porting.

suikoden 2 - 20+ hours.

tactics ogre - Take whatever time you took to finish FFT and multiply it by 1.5 times. If you haven't played FFT, probably 50 hours at least. If you're playing the PSX version, multiple it by 1.5 times again to account for bad loading times.

advance wars - Haven't played.

Zelda(snes) - 17-20 hours probably. Very fun though.

Crystalis - Ancient.... cannot remember.

Earthbound - Never played. STOP! Don't lynch me! Help!

secret of mana - Damn, another one I can't remember at all... probably cause there hasn't been a remake for me to replay.

Resident evil code veronica X - 20 hours. Longest RE game yet.

Soul reaver 2 - 9 hours max. Stupid semi-interactive narrative game.

Blood omen - The original gem? 30+ hours minimal to complete the game... probably more. Its been a long time. LOTS of secrets, but it might be too aged for you to bother... depends.

Dynasty warriors - Hmmm... never finished it... used it as a party game alot. (Let's see who can kill more pple within a time limit!!)

Silent bomber - Probably 2-3 days. Or another one sitter. Depends on your mood, like more action games.

8. Soul reaver 2 - 9 hours max. Stupid semi-interactive narrative game.
    STUPID?

Soul Reaver 2 is many things, none of which is stupid.

any way, back on topic:

Soul Reaver 2 - 4 hours
    GTA3: Depends if you are going for %100, but if you just tackle the story mode, then you can beat it in 10+ hours.
    MGS2 - 15 the first time around, much less the second.
    Sonic Adventure - 6+ hours.

9. Originally posted by Regus
    Soul Reaver 2 is many things, none of which is stupid.
    You're right, your definition of 'stupid' might differ from mine. So let's break these "many things" down.

1 - Gameplay engine catered to the mentality retarded.

I think this is a brave move on the part of Crystal Dynamics. They made a game that even a retarded kid could finally play and enjoy. Since most of it involved... hitting a button.... and you were invincible... oh well. Most of the puzzles from the first game were removed too, I guess that's required for mentality incapcitated people to enjoy.

2 - Dumbass history re-write.

I guess Crystal Dynamics must have been REALLY jealous of Silicon Knights' ability to tell a good story. Since not only did they have to steal the rights to Legacy of Kain to destroy the world in Soul Reaver, but in Soul Reaver 2 they have to destroy the past and re-write all history too just to show Silicon Knights who has the "power". Too bad Silicon Knights has moved on. =P

3 - Bombastic dialogue.

note: I was going to write a paragraph imitating the lame overdramatic speech in SR2, but then I decided otherwise, because I am after all, better than Crystal Dynamics. No need to sink that low just to bash them.

4 - Repetive gameplay.

Yeah its not bad enough that its for retarded people, it has to be repetive too..... oh well what a waste.

5 - Once bitten twice shy.

You'll think that after the first ending fiasco with SR, that Crystal Dynamics would learn to SCHEDULE development cycles. But noooooo, so oh well. Let's just have Kain say "OH NO! WE BROKE TIME!" and errr end it. I can see the office conversation now.

"Yup, fans are stupid, just like Regus! He loves Smashing Drive or something, damn who would have thought that shit would sell!"

"Really? Kickass, with people like him, we'll stay in business forever!"

The sad thing is........ its true. Oh well.

^_^

10. well......im not going to play all of these games , im deciding which ones I should play during the summer. All of this because I quit gaming for a year , and havent brought myself a next gen console.
    I think Ill delay my skies of arcadia purchase until the ps2 or Gc rev comes out.......and Ill probably buy thousand arms,rhapsody , persona and koudelka just to check them out.It'll take about 2 years for me to beat every rpg i want to beat...