Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do not trade with or buy from NGEFreek

1. Yuck Do not trade with or buy from NGEFreek

He and I had a trade pending for a few weeks. We finally decided on my trading him:

- PS2 Network Adapter
    - Tempo 32X
    - Beyond Oasis box
    - Lightening Force manual

for his:

- Dahna, Mega Drive
    - Golden Axe 3, Mega Drive
    - Air Diver, Genesis
    - Scan of Keio Flying Squadron insert

I packed up his items very neatly (ask around how I pack items) and shipped them off to him on a Friday, mid April. He received them the next Monday. He told me 3 times that he sent his part of the deal but never did.

I PMed him April 27th about it:

Re: Trade items
    Andy,

When did you send out the stuff? I haven't received anything yet. Did you send it media mail or priority?

Ken
    No response.

I PMed him again on May 1st:

Melf wrote on 05-01-2003 10:33 PM:
    Hey,

It's been over two weeks and I haven't gotten anything. You haven't replied to my PM either. Did you send the stuff?

Ken
    This was his answer the next day:

Yeah man, sorry, I've been moving, must've missed the PM then. I got your stuff packed up and ready to go out first thing tomorrow morning

So sorry for the delay.

-Andrew-
    Two weeks later (May 15th) I PM him yet again:

Did you send the games out media mail? Priority would have gotten here already. I've been waiting for two weeks since the last time you told me you sent them and still no package. Considering it's been over a month since I sent my side of the trade, I think they should have arrived by now.

Ken
    No response

I PMed him for the last time last night and he has not yet replied. I doubt he will.

Well, I guess your not returning my PM means you haven't sent the games and don't plan to. It's a shame too, as I thought you were one of the trustworthy board members. All for a $14 network adapter and a 32X game.

Thanks for nothing.
    I like to think that I have a good reputation on this board as a trader/buyer/seller. It's not the financial loss that bugs me, as it was minimal. It's the principal of the thing. He screwed me.

Do not trade with him or he'll screw you too.

Thanks for the heads up Melf. Sorry that things didn't work out, hopefully you will at least get your stuff back.

3. sorry to hear that Melf...i myself am in a trade situation with somebody from this board, that has left me waiting three week now for my half. i have sent 3-5 PM's with no luck of getting an answer...i hope to leave this individual's name off of here, but if it doesn't get taken care of, i may have to do the same as you have Melf...

4. Sorry to hear it Melf, that sucks ass.

Videodrone> Three weeks is plenty, if it was me I'd be about ready to make it public.

5. Melf, I'm sorry if you've been having a problem with Freek, but understand the guy's had to move, it seems, almost every month, constantly packing up and unloading things while going to school and working a job too, I think.

He's done close to 200 deals over GTZ and has and excellent rating across the board over there. I myself have done a couple of deals with him and both went incredibly smoothly, no problems.

I'm sure if you're patient with him he'll get your stuff to you, bro. He's just had to deal with a lot over the past several months.
    omg TNL epics!

6. I'll second that. His situation may not excuse what happened here, but he's not out to rip anyone off.

7. Originally posted by radiant
    I'll second that. His situation may not excuse what happened here, but he's not out to rip anyone off.
    Agreed, the least he could do is keep the lines of communication open. It's like this current situation with 88mph - the seller is responsible for keeping you aprised of the situation - all of your PM's should have been answered in a timely manor and there is no excuse for not sending out your purchase.

8. don't trade with me...cuz...i don't like to do it

9. Originally posted by ShineAqua
    Agreed, the least he could do is keep the lines of communication open. It's like this current situation with 88mph - the seller is responsible for keeping you aprised of the situation - all of your PM's should have been answered in a timely manor and there is no excuse for not sending out your purchase.
    I agree.

But at the same time I think that if you're to busy to keep buyers posted and send out your merchandise in a timely manner then you shouldn't be selling/trading in the first place.

10. ...

I totally agree and honestly if you are interested in an item and you notice that the person does not get back to you often when you contact them, then that's a clue that maybe this person isn't going to be that reliable of a seller.

As a seller, I make sure I answer every PM right away, that's how you do business -- if you know you won't have much time to reply or give status updates, then either let people know a head of time or don't offer stuff for sale...wait until you can devote a decent amount of time to it.

There is no excuse for dicking around with a package, if you get payment, item should go out the next day, simple as that, unless of course it is the weekend or there are extenuating circumstances...

200 good trades does not erase one horrid trade...either do it right all the time, or don't sell at all...like for instance, I recently sold a game to someone and th package got lost in the mail (d#$% USPS!) and sure as a seller, I could say tough luck -- but that's not how you do business, so I sent a refund for the lost game...

we have a responsiblity as the seller to make sure the buyer or trader gets what they deserve...simple as that...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"