Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 150 Suncoast, Sam Goody stores closing in 2004

1. 150 Suncoast, Sam Goody stores closing in 2004

"150 Suncoast, Sam Goody stores closing in 2004 (2003-10-13 17:43:28)
    Musicland will close 150 of the chain's 1,119 Suncoast and Sam Goody stores following the 2003 holiday season. As a result of this second wave of closures, which follows a similar move last January, Musicland is expected to lose about nine hundred employees. On a more positive note, Musicland will be adding fifty new stores in "better" locations in 2004 to compensate for the closures."
    source : www.animenewsnetwork.com

Maybe if they didn't tag everything at a bend-over-and-take-it price level they would get a few more sales and close a few less stores. I know I'd shop there if every anime DVD wasn't marked $29.99.

2. yeah i could care less. Why would anyone shop there when they charge so much more than most other places?

3. Yeah...those places charge out the ass.
    your mom

4. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    Maybe if they didn't tag everything at a bend-over-and-take-it price level they would get a few more sales and close a few less stores. I know I'd shop there if every anime DVD wasn't marked $29.99.
    That and they wouldn't price match. They deserve it.

5. Nice pic choice

Let's see, RahXephon DVD for $29.99 plus tax at Suncoast one hour away OR $17.29 online with $0.99 shipping and mailed to my house. HRMMM.

If I was AT Suncoast and saw anime for $20 I would buy it... like I used to at Best Buy before they implemented their own version of Suncoast's bend-over-and-take-it pricing method that is slightly less expensive and painful, yet still $8 more than online.

6. They've got a great selection for anime, but yeah, the prices are too fucking high. The Suncoast at my mall will price match for other places in the mall, which is about zero, great feature for the store.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Yea and in Sam goody's case, they have no selection. Towers is expensive as well, but at least if im desperate and cant wait for something to be shipped to me i know they have some sort of selection.

8. OMG TEH MP3s RUINED THE STORES!111!

9. Pretty much unanimous. The prices are way too high. That's why I never shopped there.

SC

10. bottom line, mall rent sucks.