Copied and pasted from Sound Off

The Comic!

http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/2003/10/13/

The Text:
Quote: [ 10.15.2003 ]: *wipes sweat nervously from brow* Well! I think I'm finally ready to let the cat outta the bag! For those that don't know what I'm talking about, for the past few months I've been hard at work on a "super secret project" that I've said very little about, perhaps only hinted at from time to time, and only now am I finally ready to spill my guts. Starting with Monday, Oct. 13th's strip, I'm (un)officially taking over art duties on the politically satirical newspaper comic The Boondocks! Aaron himself is still doing all the writing and directing of the comic/characters, but I will be doing all the artwork from here on in (dailies and Sundays)! I'm SO excited and giddy and grateful for this opportunity, as it is nothing short of one of my childhood dreams come true. Ever since I was a little girl, I had dreamed of someday having the chance to work in the funny pages, and this is totally... a gift from The Big Guy (and Aaron!). I'm so very excited!!! *squeeeee* As a ghost artist, the hardest part of this is trying to mimic Aaron's art style as closely as possible so that readers won't be able to see any obvious differences and freak out going "Eh? What's up with The Boondocks these days?!". I'd like to think I'm usually pretty good at mimicing and adapting to different styles, but it's still hard work. It's challenging because Aaron has a very unique style; a little anime, a little not, crisp and clean, but still sketchy, kinda tight, kinda loose, both minimal yet still detailed... and so I need to pay close attention to it, since even the subtlest changes will show. But hey, the Blue Wulf loves a challenge, and quite honestly, I've been a fan of Aaron's style since I first started reading The Boondocks years ago in my Sunday comics pages, so this is nothing short of a happy thing And I will work my arse off to make sure that I do a damn good job for Aaron and the readers!!! *nods with conviction* Unfortunately, I'm a dolt and didn't send my signature file in early enough to make the cut for this weeks' set of strips, but it should show up soon in all the future dailies and Sundays But man... WOW. This is proof that God is GOOD. GOOD, I say!!! I'm so very grateful for this opportunity, and SO excited! And SO BUSY!!! For those that have been wondering why I've been so busy and quiet lately, well... now ya know. This is the big secret I've been hiding for months and working diligently on in silence And I swear I won't let Aaron down. He's an incredibly nice guy, hilariously witty (as is to be expected), and great to work with. So uh... yeah! That's my big secret. I have a lot more to say, but... errr... I think this is plenty for now And I'm SO GIDDY!!! This is just... HUGE to me in my little world, and I'm totally thankful for it. It's going to be a lot of hard work, but so worth it. SO completely worth it! *jumps around flapping like an ailing egret* Busy busy busy Wulfy!!!
The Original Article:

http://www.toonapalooza.net/yak.htm

The Short and Sweet:

Our very own Jen Seng is the new Ghost artist for the Boondocks! I now wish even more that I had the spare change to buy the paperbacks!